View Full Version : Voice activated and voice dialing software for O2 XDA or T-M

terrynfung
09-22-2002, 07:18 AM
Does anyone know of any voice dialer or voice activated software out there for pocket pc 2002 phone edition. I am dying to get this. I drive a lot and need something to be able to dial my pocket pc phone edition

Thanks

Jason Dunn
09-22-2002, 05:43 PM
http://www.fonix.com/ - Fonix VoiceDial. Problem is, I can't seem to find it on their site - looks like it might be a "bundled only" deal.

Isaac
09-22-2002, 11:02 PM
From another thread, it is being beta tested as we speak. I think it was on Dales site in the XDA/TMo forum...They were actually looking for people to beta test for them.

junior
09-23-2002, 02:24 PM
I am trying to get intouch with the sales people over at fonix. As soon as I hear anything about this app I will post info here. I too am waiting madly for this app since it will make my life a whole lot easier.

Adios !!

Jason Dunn
09-23-2002, 05:34 PM
I am trying to get intouch with the sales people over at fonix. As soon as I hear anything about this app I will post info here. I too am waiting madly for this app since it will make my life a whole lot easier.

Don't set your expectations too high - like pretty much every other voice application on the planet, it doesn't work nearly as well as you'd hope...that's what I've heard from someone who has used the 928 with that software.

kalex
09-23-2002, 07:35 PM
I'm beta testing the application right now. I just got it installed today so i'm still figuring out. so far it lets you call by contact or dial a phone number. as soon as i'll go through more testing i'll post my comments.

alex

socalpda
09-23-2002, 11:15 PM
I received the Fonix Voice Dial software for the T-Mobile today to beta test and cannot believe how well it works. Cant say much because of the non-disclosure, but this one is a must-have!

junior
09-24-2002, 01:33 PM
How do you get to beta test this product?

Chronos
09-24-2002, 06:46 PM
I'm going to get my beta copy installed tonight. Here's a link to a discussion on Brighthand.com that lists how to sign up (if it isn't too late): http://discussion.brighthand.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=57745

Jerome Carney
09-27-2002, 05:49 AM
Just saw this over on www.pocketpclife.co.uk:

One of the things XDA/T-Mobile Pocket PC Phone Edition users might miss when coming from a more traditional mobile phone is the voice activated dialing feature. Well it looks like Neuvoice (www.neuvoice.com)are coming to the rescue, with their Neuvoice Navigator product which is tailored towards the XDA. The details are very sketchy at the moment, but Neuvoice Navigator should be available for $25 from Handango from this coming Monday (30th September). Neuvoice Navigator should be a welcome edition to the XDA. As soon as we know more details we will let you know. Thanks to Dale Shipp for this information.

RDC
11-14-2002, 10:53 PM
Is anyone using the Neuvoice Navigator? What do you think of it?

Thanks,

Chad

cease
11-15-2002, 04:16 AM
Is anyone using the Neuvoice Navigator? What do you think of it?

Thanks,

Chad
It's excellent! Integration with the phone works great. I even discovered today that the headphone that comes with the T-Mobile can be used to voice the word. You don't need to speak into the microphone in the unit. Too cool. The recognitiion is excellent with very little training.
Check it out. :lol:

sonu
11-15-2002, 11:15 PM
Since there is no proven software out there I took a chance on Voice DialerCE (available at handango.com or pocketpcgear.com). This software allows you to dial upto 9 numbers via voice. I realize its not the best solution, but it cost 5 bucks so I am not too disappointed. The software works OK. It has trouble with ethnic names and if there is excessive noise while trying to use it but i sort of expected that. You can also try out the software before you buy. This is a real Lite solution and it probably wont appeal to the mobile professional but for techno geeks like me the thing works just fine. :wink:

RDC
11-15-2002, 11:59 PM
It's excellent! Integration with the phone works great. I even discovered today that the headphone that comes with the T-Mobile can be used to voice the word. You don't need to speak into the microphone in the unit. Too cool. The recognitiion is excellent with very little training.
Check it out. :lol:

The software description states that 50 voice tags takes up something like 480 kb. Do me a favor and confirm that this DOESN'T mean that you're limited to 50 voice tags. My assumption is that is just a memory "rule of thumb."

Thanks for you help.

Chad

cease
11-16-2002, 12:12 AM
The software description states that 50 voice tags takes up something like 480 kb. Do me a favor and confirm that this DOESN'T mean that you're limited to 50 voice tags. My assumption is that is just a memory "rule of thumb."

Thanks for you help.

Chad[/quote]
I only have about 25 loaded so can't tell you if 50 is the limit. I don't see it stated in any of the Help files that there is a limit. Probably only by memory. I'm amazed at how accurate it is. The mic is quite good that comes with the phone. I'm evaluating the unit for use at work so need to send it back in about a week. If I get to 51 I'll drop you an email.

RDC
11-16-2002, 02:04 AM
Thanks for all of your help, cease. I think I'll pick it up on Monday and be sure to drop my thoughts on this software on this thread.

Chad