View Full Version : best idea since expandable memory?

Beowulf
09-20-2002, 09:15 PM
I think that all PDA's should come standard with at least one USB port. think about how convienient this would be. you could plug in keyboards and mice and cameras and a whole host of other things, no more $150 accessories! of course the PDA companies want to sell their accesories, and so wouldn't like the idea, but the first one to do it would make millions very quickly, and all the other companies would be forced to follow. is this the greatest idea since sliced bread or what? is there some factor that makes PDA USB inpossible, or should i go copyright this idea right now?

Jason Dunn
09-20-2002, 11:04 PM
There are several Pocket PCs with host USB ports, like the Casio E-200, but the problem is the drivers. Getting a company to develop a driver for a Pocket PC is very hard - there's just not enough of us out there yet...

Beowulf
09-21-2002, 11:58 PM
ah, i see. that is really too bad. it seems that it would not be that big of a deal for hardware manufacturers to make drivers for pocket pc's. i think there are enough of us pocket pc ers, several million, right? that could add up to several million dollars... i guess for some companies several million is pocket change though...

Thinkingmandavid
09-22-2002, 12:49 PM
I htink it is how they look at it. Maybe they think there is not enough of a demand for it. Or a cost/benefit ratio, and several other thigns we dont know about yet.