View Full Version : Receive Instant Messages to your TMO Mail

HughesShoppe
09-19-2002, 06:31 PM
:idea: I've been using the 500 text msgs (for $2.99 a mo) offered by TMO/VS for awhile now. So why not get my money worth.

In Windows Messenger (IM), I entered my Mobile
number so that my Buddies can send me a message to my TMO
mail to let me know that they're online. If I can't get
online at that time, I reply back to message telling
them "Not a good time. Chat with you later."

This is how I setup Windows Messenger (IM) to send msgs to my
phone.

1. Open IM, click on Tools, Options.
2. Click on Phone Tab, Enter mobile number where it says
My Mobile Phone.
3. Select the check box, "Allow people on my contact list
to send messages to my mobile phone"
4. Click the Mobile Settings button, if you haven't setup
your account with MSN Mobile.

Oh ya, a email alert can also be sent to your TMO mail
when you get new hotmail too. Once you setup you MSN
Mobile acct, click on the Alerts Tab at
http://mobile.msn.com/default.asp for more instructions.

Enjoy
Norris

Jason Dunn
09-20-2002, 12:23 AM
Yeah, I find it's a good way to get messages no matter where you are! Thanks for sharing your own experiences.

Isaac
09-20-2002, 02:15 AM
Check out this thread...

http://www.pocketpcpassion.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18439

About using AIM with your SMS allotment.

junior
09-20-2002, 06:19 PM
I have got all the MSN Mobile things figured out although I am not sure how you can reply back from SMS to a MSN Messenger User via SMS Text Messaging. If any one knows how to do that please enlighten me. Thanks.

Also is there a way to get the same thing to work with Yahoo! IM. Just a thought.

Thanks HughesShoppe - Great Post.

I could not get to the link that Isaac posted can someone post the information on this forum.

Thanks,
Junior.

HughesShoppe
09-20-2002, 08:18 PM
I have got all the MSN Mobile things figured out although I am not sure how you can reply back from SMS to a MSN Messenger User via SMS Text Messaging. If any one knows how to do that please enlighten me. Thanks.

Sure. Just reply back to message and enter the number given (ex: 501-599) into the To: box with your friend's email. For example, a friend sent me SMS from his MSN Messenger when he got online. The From section had the no. 568 in it and the body contained my friend's email address (for some it may be a contact name) and his message. I just replied back with 568 in the To: box (retains the original message). Then I entered my friends email (space) then entered my message. If your friend has MSN Alerts setup they'll receive your notification in MSN Messenger. Otherwise, they'll see it when they hit their Hotmail or MSN Inbox.

Check out T-Mobile website for info on creating Nicknames for people in your T-Mobile Address Book. (ex. Instead of typing my Mom's long email address, I simply type Mom (space) then message. Neat huh!

Sorry, haven't used Yahoo IM before.

Good Luck!
Norris

junior
09-21-2002, 07:01 PM
Thanks a lot HughesShoppe.

I shall try that out and let you know how that worked out. I was wondering if this is possible to do with yahoo messenger. Let me know what your discoveries are on that.....

Enjoy!
Junior