View Full Version : Today Screen Ad-ins

bluefins
09-18-2002, 08:49 PM
Is there a limit on the number of ad-ins you can put on a pocket pc? I have a few, and as I ad new ones, others "disappear".

Also, the order I put them in changes as I exit out of the settings page.

Anybody else have these problems? Any ideas?

Jeff Rutledge
09-18-2002, 09:17 PM
I've never ran out of room, but I have had the order change on me whenever I go into Settings. It's quite annoying. I usually just fool around until it goes back to the way I want.

Sorry I couldn't be more help, but at least you're not alone. :?

smittyofdhs
10-23-2002, 12:30 AM
one of the problems with PPC is that the order of the today items will change depending upon how the author of the software writes to the registry. The default today items in ppc2k2 use " " around the names of the today items in the registry, ie: "Calendar", "Contacts". Some 3rd party apps do not do this and the OS has issues sorting the items correctly. When I'm having this issue I usually go into the registry and set the sorting key for each item manually. Under HKLM/Software/Microsoft/Today/Items you'll find an entry for each today addin. Under each item you'll find a key called order with a numeric value. Set the order for those in the order you want and everything will be good. I've tried changing the 3rd party reg keys to include the "" but that sometimes breaks the today addin, so that's not recommend. I know this is a bit advanced for most users but it's foolproof. They only other way to get it to work (sometimes) is put the bulitin today items in between the 3rd party ones and the order will fix itself.

Jeff Rutledge
10-23-2002, 02:30 AM
one of the problems with PPC is that the order of the today items will change depending upon how the author of the software writes to the registry. The default today items in ppc2k2 use " " around the names of the today items in the registry, ie: "Calendar", "Contacts". Some 3rd party apps do not do this and the OS has issues sorting the items correctly. When I'm having this issue I usually go into the registry and set the sorting key for each item manually. Under HKLM/Software/Microsoft/Today/Items you'll find an entry for each today addin. Under each item you'll find a key called order with a numeric value. Set the order for those in the order you want and everything will be good. I've tried changing the 3rd party reg keys to include the "" but that sometimes breaks the today addin, so that's not recommend. I know this is a bit advanced for most users but it's foolproof. They only other way to get it to work (sometimes) is put the bulitin today items in between the 3rd party ones and the order will fix itself.

Awesome find! Thanks for the share. Seems to be working great.

Thanks again.