View Full Version : Newbie question re: CE.net

serpico
09-17-2002, 04:36 AM
I'm looking into options for a new PDA. PocketPC 2002 seems very nice but I read that this year new Xscale handhelds running a new OS would be coming. Is this true? Is this CE.net? I thought you guys would know all the juicy news on the next version and when it would come out.

The new Toshiba e740 runs the 400 Xscale but with a un-optimized version of pocketpc 2002. Not great but a nice PDA none the less.

Any advice or new information to help a brotha out? Thanks. :wink:

serpico
09-18-2002, 07:54 PM
8O Does no one not know what is going on in the pocketpc industry? :lol: Thanks guys.

Jason Dunn
09-19-2002, 05:24 AM
I think the reason why no one responded is that this issue has been discussed on this site over and over.... :-)

serpico
09-19-2002, 08:44 PM
I assume so that it has been discussed before, but being new here I don't know that. I did a search in the forum for ce.net and nothing came up in either posts or topics in the whole forum. Maybe someone could direct me to a link in the forums or site where the info is. I don't know much about pocketpc's. Thanks. :D

Chris Pi
09-19-2002, 08:49 PM
Serpico, have you tried using the search feature to locate old threads?

Chris

Chris Pi
09-19-2002, 09:38 PM
I did a search in the forum for ce.net and nothing came up in either posts or topics in the whole forum.

Sorry Serpico, I didn't read your whole post before I made my post. If your search didn't give any results I don't know what to suggest. You could try going to Google Groups at www.google.com and try searching for "pocket pc" and then searching in the major pocket pc groups for ce.net.

Chris

Jason Dunn
09-20-2002, 12:30 AM
Ok, I'll give you an answer now. ;-)

Don't hold off waiting for the "next big thing" - I have a hunch that Pocket PC 2003 is still a ways off. If it was coming soon, something probably would have leaked by now...

pb_pup
09-29-2002, 10:14 PM
I was wondering what happened to that site