View Full Version : Stylus latch is being a pain

kevdawg2003
09-12-2002, 04:37 AM
i'm like dying here. i've lost two of my styluses now, and today i had to go out and buy some more. has anyone ever fixed they're stylus latch themselves, and have opinions/help?

I know a lot of different sites that have aluminum latches that you can buy. i would do it, but as of now, i do not have a credit card(too young). and my parents dont want the hassel, so for now im looking for something atleast temporary that will HOLD my stylus!

I was thinking of opening it and creating a few layers of... super glue or something like it to make it extend long enough.

Kev :)

Ravenswing
09-12-2002, 10:08 AM
Mine did this. I 'fixed' it by buying a Cross pen-stylus and not using the iPAQ one. Eventually, I got it fixed along with an annoying screen glitch.

Supposedly, you can improve things by wrapping tape around the stylus rather than trying to fix the latch.

Birdman
09-12-2002, 03:06 PM
Depending upon how long you have had your ipaq, the fix should be covered under warranty. In Canada, I believe the warranty is 12 months from date of purchase. My stylus latch broke after about a year and a half. I called Compaq Canada, complained that this was my third ipaq (the first 2 were replaced under warranty for dust, speaker and battery issues, etc) and it would be really nice if they fixed it for me. Customer service said no, but they bumped it up to a supervisor who agreed to fix it free of charge because of all the problems I have had in the past. 3 day turnaround and now it works fine. Hopefully it will allow me to wait until the end of the year to buy a new one.

Coralie
10-13-2002, 11:22 AM
i have the same problems with the stylus latch on my 3630. i resorted to the sticky tape method too (just wrapped it around the 'fat' end, opposite the indent). i'm up to three layers of tape now .. :?

anyway, at least it stays in.

cpoole
10-18-2002, 08:38 PM
I must have been the only person who bought the 3 year warranty with my 3670 IPAQ. I finally had to send it in due to problems with the latch, poor battery performance and flakey power button. The courier picked it up on Tueday morning & it was back in my hand Thurday morning.