View Full Version : Help! Offline Browser or Web Content Aggregator Needed

MLO
09-06-2002, 10:24 PM
My apologies if this appears to be cross posting...I believe I initially posted this in the wrong forum.

I am fairly new to the Pocket PC world, and to these forums. In giving up my Palm m515, I left behind a license for iSilo...one of my more used programs, since I used it to read a lot of tech articles I found online. I contacted the reps at iSilo asking if the license could be transferred, unfortunately the answer was no.

I'm just about resigned to the fact that I will probably have to repurchase a new license, however I'm holding off for a couple of reasons: a) the Pocket PC version causes some odd screen refresh problems and b) I hate the idea of repaying for another license.

I'm looking for a program that will perform similar functions as iSilo, with perhaps a bit more functionality (say like WebCopier....which I tried but which was abysmally slow), and for less of a price (otherwise I should just repurchase iSilo)

Right now, I'm using Mobile Favorites, but the resize for the Pocket PC screen doesn't work so well....although the link depth option is helpful.
My other workaround is to copy one page articles into Word, and using the Reader converter to make Reader eBooks.

Can anyone help?

MLO

Oh, and I use a Toshiba e310