View Full Version : Infrared bulb dead ?

rafafa
09-04-2002, 12:00 PM
Hi,
I received the 3970 3 weeks ago from the US (i leave in France) and the first week i played withe the Nevo soft (remote control the TV) without any problem... :lol:

But now, there is no more response from the TV (i did not change any options)n i tryed to beam contact to my cell phone and get the same thing, the PDA finds the phone but does not do more. And the opposit way, the phone just can't find the PDA. :evil:

How can i make sure that the "IR bulb" is dead ? :?:

Thanks a lot for the great forum,

Raphael

Brad Adrian
09-04-2002, 03:51 PM
If you've got a notebook computer, you can try to perform an Activesync connection via IR. Or, if you've got access to another Pocket PC, you can try beaming between the two.

rafafa
09-04-2002, 04:14 PM
What should i beam (and how ? sorry to be a newbie) ?

I'll try to meet a friend who has an iPaq..

Martin I Pettinger
09-07-2002, 09:46 PM
Hi

Some ideas you could try:

My friend has a mobile (cell) phone a T68i and he beamed his phone number to my iPAQ (3850)

A colleague has a Palm and I was able to beam an e-Book to him, he returned an annotated e-Book to me.

I.e. IR should work with phones and Palm's - doesn't need to be PPC.

Martin

rafafa
09-10-2002, 05:48 PM
Well...

First of all, i am now sure that my IR bulb is not dead:
I can "connect" to my mobile phone (t39m ericsson)... :lol:

the fact is that they have to be very close (and would even say very-very-very close) !

Concerning the remote control (tv, vcr....) it just doesn't work anymore.

I called compaq support, they say that there is no ir control software anywhere on the ppc2002 and i may have to hard reset to get it back on track :cry:

Sofar, i am a little disappointed,

If anybody knows a way to bypass the hard reset solution...

Rafafa