View Full Version : Transfer emails to Outlook?

Phunkphantom
09-04-2002, 10:49 AM
I am trying to get my PDA to Sync with Outlook so that all my profile are displayed, but it will only sync the profile specific to that desktop.

Any ideas anyone?

jdhill
09-06-2002, 03:59 AM
Could you be a little more specific and descriptive of the problem? I'm not sure I understand what it is you are trying to do that isn't working correctly.

Phunkphantom
09-06-2002, 09:22 AM
Yeah sure!

I have two desktops with two seperate email addresses.

I want to be able to sync with 1 desktop and then take those emails and upload them to outlook on desktop, but Activesync want let me because it is a different email profile?

Does that make sense?

Ravenswing
09-06-2002, 11:34 AM
ActiveSync will not allow you to sync emails to two desktops. You just can't do it, end of story.

You'd need to use a different sync package if you want to do that. XTNDConnect from Extended Systems will do it. Be warned, however, these third party packages don't come cheap, and most of them do a chronic job of synchronising everything except email.

Thinkingman
09-09-2002, 01:03 AM
it wont work even if it is the same user id on the second desktop? how would or does it know the differene?

jdhill
09-09-2002, 02:46 AM
It knows that you have different partnerships. ActiveSync allows only 1 or 2 partnerships with PCs. You can not have more than 2 partnerships. ActiveSync allows only 1 of those 2 partnerships to sync e-mail.

If you want to get e-mail from more than one PC on your Pocket PC, you will have to use a solution other than ActiveSync. For example, if your work supports POP3 or IMAP4 access then you can set up a new Inbox account using the POP or IMAP server at work.