View Full Version : completely new to mobile comms

jayman
09-03-2002, 05:09 PM
:roll:

Believe it or not I am 26 comp savy and still don't own a mobile phone - I never saw the point - public phone boxes and mates phones have always provided all I need. In an emergency I can be reached thru my best mates.

However I always thought - if a machine the size of a pack of cigs can provide email fax sms phone mp3 ebooks organiser - the full works. well then that was all I would need as a computer and the ability would justify the expense and size because I carry a walkman and book most of the time anyway.

I have a comp at work for downloading any extras needed and have watched PDAs grow up slowly, considering them to now be standalone units.

Am I right - do you need to always sync up - I would like to hear peoples opinions on which combined device I should go for.

As I see it my options are:

O2 XDA - limited expansion
928 WDA - poor quality voice coms
LOOX - Expensive with either Audiovox CF or GPRS module.
Treo - I prefer microsoft stuff.
Nexio - not seen that anywhere yet.

Or wait for a TRI band integrated machine - saw one somewhere.
Or wait to see if the OQO actually appears.

Have I missed any options or will one of these do?

Your help would be appreciated - keep in mind that I am a pommy. and not really that tech savy.

Thanks - Jayman

Thinkingmandavid
09-09-2002, 04:18 AM
i think you could invest in a ppc now, why wait. htere will always be the talk of a better pda. In teh mean time you keep waiting and waitign and waiting, when you can be enjoying your ppc/