View Full Version : So, any news about the Pretec 1.3 MP Camera?

Skoobouy
09-01-2002, 11:23 PM
I'm really starting to get anxious about my Handheld Canada order. I have to leave the country soon, and I was really hoping I would have gotten my camera by now. I guess I should just cancel my order. But then, I'll be last on the waiting list. >_<

This thing was right up my alley; 1.3 MP, great for snapshots and some printing, and it couldn't possibly GET any smaller. So sad that they couldn't get it right the first time. But it's just taking them so long! GR!

Maybe I'd be better off with a standalone camera instead; at least then I could have a flash.

Has anyone here called Pretec of Handheld Canada and asked for news?

Jason Dunn
09-03-2002, 06:25 PM
I can't even get Pretec to return my emails on the subject, so the truth is, I don't think anyone other than Pretec knows what's going on. :?

amcmoe
09-07-2002, 01:08 AM
There is an article about it in the Pocket PC Magazine November Issue, but it doesnt have a date that it will be released.... sorry hopefully soon

Jason Dunn
09-07-2002, 06:51 AM
Really? I'll be interested to see what they say - and if they publish any sample shots. There's a reason why I didn't review it - something seemed dreadfully wrong with it... 8O

amcmoe
09-09-2002, 11:41 PM
Jason, apparently the camera came out now, http://www.pretec.com/order.htm#compactcamera
they have it for $109.
: )
Adam

[edited] I guess you already knew they before I posted. lol

Jason Dunn
09-10-2002, 03:08 AM
Hmm.....

Martin I Pettinger
09-11-2002, 04:04 PM
Jason

What seemed dreadfully wrong? I may be in the market for a CF camera at Christmas time. My mother-in-law is going to the States next month and I was thinking of putting this item on my shopping list.

Martin

Jason Dunn
09-11-2002, 04:22 PM
The colouration was all wrong - it was faded and it looked like a photo from the 60's. Whitewashed effect...very, very bad. I was convinced I got a bad unit or something, but Pretec hasn't responded to my emails on the subject yet, so I'm at a loss over what to do about it. I would only suggest getting the camera if you can easily return it, which in your case is doubtful. I'll see if I can find out more.