View Full Version : my pocketPC broke

bdee1
09-01-2002, 05:30 PM
hey everyone,
i am new to thsi board. I have an ipaq 3630 which i got in december of 2000. so as far as i knwo it is out of its warranty period. about 3 or 4 months ago, the screen stopped working. actually it works but it is doing something realy weird.

it seems to be totally random but what happens is after a minute or so of use, the screen will rapidly jump to half its normal width and then back to normal. then it will invert horizontally sometimes, and once it gets going it jus gets all whacked out so all i see is a bunch of vertical lines.

so now my dilemma is to get it repaired or to just buy another one on ebay. it really kind of ticks me off because it is not really that old and i was always very protective of it.

the thing is, how do i go about getting it repaired and how much will it cost?

is this a common problem? is there any quick fix i can do myself?

please, any advice woudl be greatly appreciated.

oh and if it matters, i purchased the pocketpc 2002 os when it came out and installed it, so it is running pocketPC 2002 OS.

dhoward
09-02-2002, 01:04 AM
Contact Dr. Chuck or Lee, bothh owners at LinearLogiX in Houston, Texas. I cannot say enough good things about them and the personal service they offer.

Both are Engineers, formerly with Compaq. They know the product inside and out.

http://www.ipaqupgrade.com

Tell them I sent you.

david
dallas

paqman_lover
09-03-2002, 04:27 PM
This happened to my 3630 also, luckily it was still under the warranty. I'd still be useing the replacement i got back but for the fact that it decided one day to go for a bath.

I'd look into buying one from ebay, it probably ends up being about the same price to repair it or get a replacement. I call up hp/compaq first to see if there isn't something they can do.

When my 3630 went bad i bought a new 38xx with a 4 year warrenty from circuit city. I'm kinda hopeing in the 4th year that it goes bad since i'll be given the full purchase price (+$500) to buy whatever the latest and greatest pocket pc is at the time. the warrenty only costed my like $60 dollars.

bdee1
09-06-2002, 07:15 PM
Contact Dr. Chuck or Lee, bothh owners at LinearLogiX in Houston, Texas. I cannot say enough good things about them and the personal service they offer.

Both are Engineers, formerly with Compaq. They know the product inside and out.

http://www.ipaqupgrade.com

Tell them I sent you.

wow what an awesome service. i am sooo glad you pointed them out to me. if thay live up to what they say they will do i will be a very happy person. I will be shipping it ou to themthis afternoon so we will see.

i have a feeling though that i will nto be dissapointed. what a bargain. I havent ben able to use my ppc for a while now and was contemplatign just gettign a new one so to learn that instead of spendign $600 i only have to spend $50... awesome!!