View Full Version : mPhone Pro ver 2.1.6

Ainvar
08-31-2002, 06:47 AM
Just got this nifty little program this evening to go along with the Ericsson T68m phone I got through voicestream. I was just curious as to what the Pocket PC population thinks about this program and if I should be aware of any bug or issues. I am using it with my iPAQ 3835.

Thanks!!

Martin I Pettinger
09-01-2002, 12:41 PM
Hi

I have an iPAQ 3850 - (Same as your iPAQ 3835). At the moment I am looking to purchase a mobile phone and I'm interested in using the phone to connect to the Internet once in a while.

Question for you. Are you using Infrared to use your mobile phone with the iPAQ. I guess you are probably using bluetooth with the Ericsson - in this instance are you using a CF card. Which card and any comments on how good it is.

What do you use the software for - without a link to the software's web site - It is difficult to know what you purchased the software for (or are trialing the software for)

Martin

Martin I Pettinger
09-01-2002, 12:51 PM
I think this is the link:

http://www.mobem.com/products/mphone21detail.php

Not sure what the main purpose of this software is. With the newer mobile phones I thought you could back up your phone book to a desktop pc.

One good feature is ability to write SMS message on PocketPC and transfer via mobile. In the UK there are sites that allow you to send free text messages from a desktop PC though.

Other stuff like ring tones and screen images - again I think this can be done from a desktop. I am a newbie though - just my thoughts.

Would like to know why you are trialing (bought)

Martin

Ainvar
09-02-2002, 04:38 AM
Right now I am just using the IR link. I am looking into a bluetooth CF card but have not made any real decisions on it. I am also comtiplating onm getting one of the new Compaq iPAQ 39xx series with BT built in.

SO far I am loving the software and the ease of use. One think I dont like about it is how you have to delete the same contact twice before it is deleted in mPhone.

SMS part of it is hella good and simple to use.

I have not tried the logo or ringtone part yet. But for 25 dollars I cant complain except about the procetag since I did go with the pro version.

If you go to MS Pocket PC 2002 site and look at the BT solutions there I saw one for like $99 USD and it looks to be a really good card. I have also looked at the BT/CF expansion sleeve for the iPAQ but I like my CF card Expansion Plus pack too much.

mobileMike
09-02-2002, 09:00 PM
I just removed this software from my PocketPC after a quick evaluation. The biggest reason is that it does not support my Nokia 6310 but they mention that it will be supported in an upcoming release. That said, I was able to connect with my phone using the Generic Phone setting, but this did not support the extended phone book of the 6310. When I made the connection I used IrDA. I could not get bluetooth to work. I was comparing this to IA Phone Manager. Overal mPhone's UI is much more pleasent to look at and the features/layout is nice. I could not use the Pro's logo editing feature because of the lack of support for my phone, but this is a nice feature not offered by IA Phone Manager. As for the ring tones, this is not for me.

Added Info: I could connect with my phone over bluetooth using IA Phone Manager.

Some people ask why would anyone want/need this sort of application when there are desktop applications for these phones. Here is my reason.....

Nokia provided the Nokia PC Suite with my phone (6310) but provided no cable in the box. The software works with IrDA but most desktops do not have this functionality. Finally, the software supports bluetooth if you have a Nokia bluetooth card (now Socket Communication's bluetooth card). How many desktops have CF or PCMCIA support? I have a 3Com bluetooth USB adapter, but it will not work with the PC Suite. Did I also mention that Nokia disables the ability to edit operator logos on the connected phone with the PC Suite. I can create logos and send them by SMS to someone else if I want.

/ mike

iPaq H3850 w/ PCMCIA sleeve
Socket Communications Bluetooth Connection Kit (CF Bluetooth Card ).

DrtyBlvd
09-05-2002, 11:26 AM
Possible alternatives are PhoneMan from www.sgsoftware.com or the one from www.sunnysoft.cz

Both support extended phone books

DrtyBlvd
09-05-2002, 11:33 AM
Oops. SGSoftware farmed out the CE version to a third party and they have subsequently removed the link that was there - it may be found at www.pansoftware.com

alice_anto
05-30-2003, 01:56 PM
Hello,

has someone successfull use this software with incoming call???
I use a philips fisio 820 (try nokia 6310 too) but the incoming calls are not detected from mPhone and the log of call are always empty too.
The incoming sms are correctly detected and just received.
I use IPAQ 3950, NAVMAN GPS sleeve with CF slot, CF BT billiotoon and fisom820.

Many thanks for the attention

Jo