View Full Version : PocketInformant 3.2 released

Jason Dunn
08-26-2002, 10:57 PM
<a href="http://www.pocketinformant.com/WhatsNew.asp?_function=3.2">http://www.pocketinformant.com/WhatsNew.asp?_function=3.2</a><br /><br />PocketInformant fans, rejoice! The long-awaited 3.2 release is out, and some of the new features include:<br /><br />• Calendar Module has been rewritten for performance with data caching and very fast data access <br />• Task Status Menu provides quick reporting of all your tasks <br />• Added Week View day 1 size option in Week View menu <br />• Day View Time Bar provides info on each hour of the day as well as the ability to navigate to any part of the day <br />• Day View can now show tasks <br />• Added support for dialing using PPC Phone Edition phone <br />• Added ability to have PI take over system shortcuts to all PIM apps<br /><br />The list of fixed bugs and improved features is twice as long - looks like a great update! Haven't tried or bought PI yet? Check it out <a href="http://www.handango.com/PlatformProductDetail.jsp?siteId=311&platformId=2&productType=2&catalog=0&amp;sectionId=0&productId=10226">from Handango</a> (affiliate link).

Ed Hansberry
08-27-2002, 01:18 AM
I have one word for this release.

Smoooooooooooooooth :werenotworthy:

Rirath
08-27-2002, 02:45 AM
I've been trying out the new version for about an hour now. Can't say I expect much use from these new features, but general bug fixes and improvements are always welcomed.

I'm certainly glad that alarm notes now deletes the file as well as the note. And it does indeed seem faster. :D

harry
08-27-2002, 02:45 AM
I don't see why M$ doesn't license this. Well I do have an idea why, but I think the OEM's should include it like eWallet and ListPro have been bundled. PI just lays the smack down on the native PIM functions! :painting:

Ed Hansberry
08-27-2002, 03:38 AM
I don't see why M$ doesn't license this. Well I do have an idea why, but I think the OEM's should include it like eWallet and ListPro have been bundled. PI just lays the smack down on the native PIM functions!
Doesn't the LOOX come with it? At one time it was on the LOOX web site as being bundled.

Doug Raeburn
08-27-2002, 05:20 AM
Well, the fact that MS doesn't license a product like this keeps the market open for choices. PI is a great product, but there are several great products in the same market space. Some people like PI, others prefer AF, others PenAgenda, still others Pocket On-Schedule, and so on. And I'd hate to see MS squelch those choices by deciding to bundle one of them.

Jonathon Watkins
08-27-2002, 09:40 AM
Doesn't the LOOX come with it? At one time it was on the LOOX web site as being bundled.Yup = the LOOX does come with PI. Or for me it Did - as I sent mine back.

mjm01
08-27-2002, 02:33 PM
I registered PI when version 3 first came out and was well impressed.

Something made me look at Agenda Fusion a couple of weeks ago and I have since registered that due to the impressive task view / grouping function.

I posted a request to Alex via the PI feature request page before I did this to see if he planned to implement a similar feature but I never got a response.

I'm still obviously registered for PI even though its not on my iPAQ at the moment ... I'll be looking out for any killer features in the future but I'm assuming 3.12 is cosmetic.

BertBert
08-27-2002, 03:12 PM
This was one of the first programs I registered when I got my Toshiba e310 recently, and it is amazing. The only complaints were that it was a little on the slow side, and there were a few bugs where the calendar view wouldn't show certain appointments. But after playing around with 3.2 it looks like those are fixed! It is MUCH faster than 3.11. PI is truly the "killer app" for Pocket PC.

Jason Dunn
08-27-2002, 03:39 PM
I don't see why M$ doesn't license this.

Probably because not everyone needs it. For my PIM needs, I'm happy with the normal apps. To be honest, I find the UI of both PI and Agenda Fusion a little intimidating...

bridgecrosser
08-27-2002, 03:46 PM
PI 3.12 has gone to the next level with their software. It's fast, friendly, and fun to play with and use for work. great job, guys!

cpoole
08-27-2002, 04:32 PM
This product keeps getting better and better.

PocketPC Addict
08-27-2002, 06:45 PM
Hi,

Just a note, I wrote up a commentary/mini-review about this patch. You can find it Here (http://www.pocketpcaddict.com/modules.php?name=Sections&sop=viewarticle&artid=9)

Good work WebIS!

MobiliT
08-28-2002, 02:18 PM
Handango.com
Pocket Informant
Save $5
Now $14.95
Discount Code: 4A2AA
Expires 9/30/02