View Full Version : e310, ActiveSync, and Internet

JessPC
08-24-2002, 03:00 PM
Hi all,

I got my e310 yesterday! :) I've been reading a lot about it. I've been able to sync and also to access AvantGo.

My question is: Is there a way to surf the web while the e310 is connected to its cradle? IOW, is it possible to surf the web using ActiveSync?

I don't have wireless or IR modem. So I'm hoping this is feasible.

Any help GREATLY appreciated. :) TIA.

Jess

Jason Dunn
08-24-2002, 09:21 PM
Well, what happens when you try? :D Unless you've changed something, it should simply work.

JessPC
08-25-2002, 01:21 AM
It said something like "Could not connect and to check settings."

Solution found! A poster in another forum solved my problem. Here's what he suggested:

"About your question. I believe you should be able to do this using the passthrough option in activesync. You'll want to open acticesync and click the options button. From there click the rules tab and make sure that passthrough is set to the internet or work depending on your e310's network connections. I believe that "internet" is the default setting, so if you haven't changed anything, it should work."

Setting Passthrough to Internet solved the problem. :)

Thanks,

Jess

Jason Dunn
08-25-2002, 04:16 AM
Interesting - the Passthrough option is turned on by default in any ActiveSync installation. I wonder if at some point you un-checked the box? Regardless, good to hear you're up and running. :-)

JessPC
08-25-2002, 04:38 AM
I don't think I've changed anything there. I saw that menu for the first time after the solution was suggested. :)

*happy*

Jess

guilmon
01-14-2003, 11:03 PM
What kind of internet connection do you use, cause if you don't have broadband, doing this is pointless. More to come...