View Full Version : Better to Just let this Krusell case speak for itself.

ECOslin
08-23-2002, 07:33 AM
The crème de la crème of Sweden
Handmade out of the finest leather
This case is made special for the
Toshiba e570
These cases are sold w/o any accessories or CLIPS.
Cases ALL come with the Multidapt® "acceptance" portion built in.
All Clips and accessories are available at additional cost.
Click here for more information:
Add any amount of clips or accessories to this auction without additional shipping expenses.
That is, we will combine shipping.
click on the blue and red "ME"

This company makes many different case designs available on Ebay, and not a one do they include a basic belt clip. They charge $7 for the clip and the attachment. I bid $18 + $4S&H for one and won. When asked they replied, well no-one makes a belt clip as good as the ones we sell. I ordered a couple of generic belt clips sets from Verizon online for a penny and express shipping.

Are they any good! I'll know in a week or so.

Edward

ECOslin
08-23-2002, 09:12 PM
No, it doesn't quite look like it's picture.

It arrived loose, not in it's own box, just an postal shipping box. Rattling around.

The open face front of the PDA case is shaped like an open rectangle rather than like the picture. The PDA slides in from the top, there are cutouts for all the buttons and gizmos.

Along the side it nearly lines up with them, and maybe with wear they will. The record button is hindered with this as it is an 1/8th of an inch up from the hole. The earphone plug-in at the top is, with a little nudging the leather out of the way, usable.

The flip-over face guard has a harden something inside, slots to store two sd ram cards and 3 credit card slots. I dislike this arrangement because they come nervously close to pressing on the touchpad.

The sides are protected by a single layer of leather and just slightly by the backpiece and the flipover. Maybe they could have improved this by adding another millimeter or two of width to both sides for more protection. When I set the Maestro on edge I can get a couple of degrees roll on the leather wrapped directly on the side of the pda.

The Front face of the case has an oval metal Krusell button near the bottom and a bottom flip under strap that has two clasp points.
The Universal adapter on the back of the case is a basic slide with center locking button. It is plastic and it also includes a small loop at the top.

Overall, its a good case, with strong business like appearance. The $18 + $5S&H were not thrown away buying it on Ebay. I can forgive the company for not including a belt clip, I can find/make one to fit this easy enough. I still wouldn't spend $7 additionally to buy theirs. I might spend the $7 or so to buy their auto clip for this that they offer with a release lever.

I don't like that it came without a product box of its own, from the sales department of Krusell, strikes me strongly of 'Seconds' or 'Defect'.
It has a quarter-inch long indentation near the top front face, fingernail mark or whatever. It still doesn't really marr the overall look.

Edward