View Full Version : George Foreman commercial

ECOslin
08-23-2002, 12:32 AM
I just saw a new commercial for George Foreman grills. Showing they come in 8 or so different colors.

But, when it started I thought I was watching an 'Apple' computer commercial and spent a couple of seconds wondering if they were laptops or an integrated lcd panel desktop design.

Hmmm. I wonder if I strip the thing what kind of motherboard could I mount.

Edward :)

Jimmy Dodd
08-23-2002, 03:15 PM
I'm pretty sure Apple and George use the same design team.

On a side note, we have a G.F. Grill and it works great! No colorful cover, but it grills chicken and burgers like nothing else.

Now if I could only get a WiFi card for it...

Jason Dunn
08-23-2002, 04:50 PM
On a side note, we have a G.F. Grill and it works great! No colorful cover, but it grills chicken and burgers like nothing else.

Really? I sold mine because it was a complete PITA for me to clean - very, very awkward. I got like $20 for it at a garage sale. :lol:

Jimmy Dodd
08-23-2002, 05:28 PM

Really? I sold mine because it was a complete PITA for me to clean - very, very awkward. I got like $20 for it at a garage sale. :lol:

Hmmm. I don't have any trouble cleaning it. I just take a damp towel and wipe it down good. If you wait to long and the left behind grease sets up I can see where it might take some effort. No worse than a frying up burgers or chicken in a pan or cleaning off an outdoor grill rack though, I would think.

The nicest thing is seeing just how much grease and fat you are not eating because it runs off and catches in a tray.

Dave Conger
08-23-2002, 08:05 PM
...and today the story is that the makes of the George Foreman grills are getting sued by Apple because it does look to much like an Mac.

:wink: :wink: :wink:

ECOslin
08-24-2002, 09:00 AM
I've got one of the earlier family models, white with no bun warmer. I've used it enough for chicken and whatever that various points of Silverstone stuff have worn away in big patches. Food just loves to stick to the aluminum. Lot harder to clean. Time to get a new one, but I'm cheap and it hasn't melted to slag yet.

Edward

Been wasting my time playing 'Snails' aka on the PC known as 'Worms'.