View Full Version : Compact Flash woes.

NetDragon
08-21-2002, 09:56 PM
OK I need to see if anybody else has this problem. If I use my USB CF reader to add files, it is OK. Same thing with my PCMCIA to CF adaptor. But if I write files to the CF then put the CF in my iPaq, then take the CF card out and delete those files, they are gone, but they are still taking up space!! So if I had like a 5 meg file I delete on my PC my iPaq/or my PC will not be able to write to that 5 megs as if there was a file there. I keep both my CF cards kinda full most of the time! BUT if I delete the files on the iPaq itself this problem does not happen.

I descovered this when my Mazingo profile was like 25 megs. I would sync Mazingo direct to the CF card. I had like 30 megs free and did the sync and everything worked fine. A week later I tried to sync it again and it said I did not have enough space AFTER I deleted the old Mazingo files directly off the CF card! Very annoying as the only way I have found to remedy this is to pull all the files of my CF card, format it on my desktop or laptop and then put all the files back in and make sure that I am always deleting files using my iPaq and not my Desktop or Laptop computers. Any ideas? I get this on 2 different CF cards & different brands to. One is a 128meg and one is a 64meg. Thanks for any help.

NetDragon
08-23-2002, 05:17 PM
Yeah another bump.. No one can help me here? Thank you..

Jason Dunn
08-23-2002, 05:28 PM
Try a reformat and scandisk to make sure your CF card isn't flawed in some way - it does happen.

NetDragon
08-23-2002, 10:57 PM
Thanks agian, again Jason. I did try that and everything looks OK. I do not know what the problem is. But I will just do what I have been doing and only delete files on the PPC, occasionally reformatting my CF cards.

dhoward
08-24-2002, 04:05 AM
What does both of your problems have in common? Mazingo!

The program is trying to write additional files to the card, before it goes back to erase the old ones.

I have had the same problem with Mazingo in CF and SD cards. Best lesson I learned was to "Remove" Mazingo. No more problems.

May not be the answer you are looking for, but it will stop your problem. Ask yourself how bad you really need Mazingo.

YMMV

david
dallas