View Full Version : Voice Recordings

robclif4d
08-21-2002, 02:54 PM
Is there a way you make a voice recording on your ipaq and the newly created file goes to a specified directory without you manually moving it there? Thanks.

Jason Dunn
08-21-2002, 03:26 PM
Nope - you can only specify that it goes to the storage card or main memory, but not to a specific folder.

JoeMoon
08-24-2002, 09:14 AM
Does anyone know if the settings on the voice recorder can be changed. I would prefer not to have to hold the record button when I am dictating a note, or when I would like the IPAQ to record a meeting or something.

Joe...

christak
08-24-2002, 05:52 PM
I never have to hold the button to record -- only push it to start recording...

marketheredge
08-24-2002, 06:13 PM
Actually, you can do that simply with built-in Notes application. When you start the Notes program, you see a list of files (if there are any Notes files on your iPAQ). At the bottom, click on the 'recording' icon, which looks like a cassette tape. You then see recording controls at the bottom of the screen. If you click the far left button (with standard 'circle' icon to indicate 'record'), it will start recording, 'hands-free', until you click the adjacent stop button (or you run out of storage space!).

Since you mention recording at meetings, etc., you might want to adjust your 'voice recording format'. If you go to the Settings Menu - Personal tab, click the Input applet (looks like a keyboard), and then click the Options tab. At the top is a dropdown box for selecting recording format/quality, basically listed from poorest to best. You can experiment, but the lesser quality setting that you find acceptable for listening to a speech or discussion, the less storage space you will need, and you can record for longer periods.