View Full Version : What is your favorite PDA design?

Zero101
08-20-2002, 10:02 PM
Just for a moment, forget about the OS, the hardware specs, the number of colors it can display, how loud the speaker is........... forget all of those things. What form factor, meaning... which type of PDA (clamshell? tablet? do you like the shape of the loox? or the palm m100?) is your favorite?

I have to say... the Palm V case is still my favorite design for a PDA ever. If we could get a Pocket PC down to that size and weight, I would be a happy happy boy :)

http://aym.online.fr/Palm/PalmVr.jpg

How about you? What is your favorite PDA design?

Jeff Rutledge
08-20-2002, 10:53 PM
On form factor alone, I'd agree that the Palm V/m500 look is my favorite. I have both an iPAQ 3870 and a Palm m515. Although I use my iPAQ as my day-to-day device, I do enjoy holding the Palm in my hand. Great fit!

Wingnut
08-22-2002, 02:36 PM
I like the look of almost any of the Sony Clie's, but this is especially true of the newer models, like the PEG-T165C, PEG-T665 and even the flip-folding NR70V. These Sony's can almost make me justify the crippling Palm OS.... almost. I think it is hard to fault Sony's Industrial design crew, they know what people want! (or me atleast!)

acronym
08-22-2002, 04:44 PM
I'd have to say the jornada 54x series. I might be the only person that liked the flip up aluminum lid - it was nice not to have to sleeve the pda. My only dislike was the cf slot was not cf+ or cfII, so a microdrive didn't fit.

For current models, the maestro fits the bill - sd, cf+. it'd be nice to have a flip lid (and faster memory) It doesn't bother me that it's slightly thicker than the palms

NetDragon
08-22-2002, 06:12 PM
My favorite design was the Psion Revo Plus. It was a perfect clam shell design.. When you opened it the keyboard sat on little tracks and a unfolding hinge would actually extend to make the unit bigger and display it's nice big keys. The display was a nice 480x160 wide screen pushing 16 shades of gray. I would go on about how much faster this 36Mhz PDA was than my 75MHz WinCE 2.x device was, but then it would be off topic. As much as I love my iPaq, I miss the sleek thin slyling of my Psion Revo Plus. :cry: