View Full Version : What screen protectors for the Tosh E570 / Audi Maestro?

ECOslin
08-19-2002, 03:47 AM
on Ebay:
'SCREEN PROTECTORS AND CLEANING KIT for Toshiba e310 & e740, Handspring Visor Edge, Handera, HP Jornada 520 & 540, Sony 710!!!

BY: COMPANIONLINK - THE WORLD'S TRUSTED SOURCE FOR LCD SCREEN PROTECTION. THE #1 SCREEN PROTECTORS SOLD ON EBAY!!!'

What screen protectors are compatible with the Toshiba E570 and Audiovox 1032 Maestro?

Thanks,

Edward

apeguero
08-26-2002, 02:53 PM
I used the instructions set by Pocket PC Passion. Here's the we site: http://www.pocketpcpassion.com/General/ScreenProtector/ScreenProtector.htm

It works really well. I used the GBC self adhesive Laminating sheets 10 count. It works okay for now until my local CompUSA starts carrying the official ones :D You may want to try out the Avery as I thought the GBC ones are rather thin.

spursdude
08-27-2002, 01:57 AM
wow....are those screen protectors easier to make than the website makes it look? looks a bit complex for me... 8O

ECOslin
08-27-2002, 02:10 AM
I've made my own protectors for both Palm and E105, using the same method as the link, both turned out cheaper than I wanted.

I want the pro stuff, this time.

I'd probably look to using a laser printer to print the template on the clear media. I might also look to adding stuff like 'handwriting' recognition letter shapes to the edges.

I'm still using the protector the last owner installed. He had bought some of the Name brand protectors for Compaq or something and just trimmed them down to fit. I've got another 9 left in the box.

Edward

apeguero
08-28-2002, 02:16 AM
I've created some with following the instructions. They're not much. Just make sure you get the GBC Laminate It! and a good paper trimmer, maybe one that'll handle 12 inch paper. It's a no brainer. Just measure out the screen width and height, to get a precise fit. Then take the word template in the link and modify the Height and Width in the table to what you came up with. Then print the paper, mark your corners with a blade or pin, and trim. Once you have your first one then test it out on the screen. It's really easy.

I'm not doing it to save the $20.00 that the real ones would probably cost. I'm doing it because there are no real, official screen protectors out there for this model yet. The screen is just too damned big :wink:

maestrobill
09-06-2002, 04:20 AM
freescreenprotectors.com has a great deal on screen protectors as well as some good deals on PDA cases as well. I received an Incipio case for around $7 and a tamrac noeprene case that I use for my digital camera as well as PDA for $4. The package arrived promptly and shipping was reasonable. THe screen protectors for my Maestro fit perfectly!
Check it out!