View Full Version : New menu from Compaq foldable keyboard?

Jeff Rutledge
08-18-2002, 12:47 AM
I just purchased the Compaq foldable keyboard for my 3870. So far I quite like it. The keys are a little small so there's a bit of a learning curve, but I've already gotten pretty accurate after only a day.

I do have a question that I was hoping someone here on the boards might know the answer to: Can you access the New Menu using the keyboard? I see short keys to the Start Menu, Esc, Home, etc., but can't seem to find a way to access the New menu.

If it's not available, I think this is a major oversight.

Thanks in advance.

Jeff Rutledge
08-21-2002, 04:43 AM
bump...

(only time, I promise)

Jason Dunn
08-21-2002, 03:54 PM
I think you have your answer - doesn't look like it's possible. :?

Jeff Rutledge
08-21-2002, 03:57 PM
Yeah, that's what I was afraid of. I'm surprised that this was overlooked. It seems like an obvious need: to be able to create a new task (for example) from the Today screen (or elsewhere) without having to use the stylus. I know I shouldn't be surprised, but I am.

Hopefully this gets addressed with an update or something.

bobbykansara
08-21-2002, 08:22 PM
Sorry I don't know the answer to your question, but I'd like to ask you one if I may. Does the Compaq keyboard need an adaptor for use with a 3800 or 3900? There had been rumours that the Compaq keyboard may have been modified such you don't need an adaptor. Thanks.

Jeff Rutledge
08-21-2002, 08:31 PM
I am using it with a 3870 and no adapter was required. I believe it was the Targus folding keyboard, not the Compaq model that required an adaptor. The Compaq website says theirs is compatible with all iPAQ models.