View Full Version : Cannot delete files PERMANENTLY !!

tekn0
08-15-2002, 01:36 AM
The following problem occurs:

I installed a specific app that shows battery life and things.
Then decided to remove it. So I tried uninstalling it.
NO LUCK! While UNINSTALL was in progress the following message came up.
The file ****.dll could not be removed. It appers its its in the ROM or in use. Try STOP ALL and try again. (something like that)

Now the thing is that the app was NOT running and even when I tried deleting the file it reappered. And that happened in 4 apps that I have.

I cannot get rid of the files or remove the apps !!!

Thanks

Tekn0

crashdau
08-15-2002, 02:30 AM
If it's a today screen plug-in, which is what it sounds like), you need to unselect it from displaying on the Today screen. Then you must soft reset the device. This cause the equivalent of a re-boot and the program will not be loaded up into ROM.
Now you can do the remove program thingy.

tekn0
08-15-2002, 12:38 PM
The app is not selected in the list of items of the today screen. But it still cannot be deleted. And even re-installing the app still comes up with :
The file ****.dll could not be removed. It appers its its in the ROM or in use. Try STOP ALL and try again.

Even though that the app is NOT running or loaded the files (*.dll) are loaded and there is no way i can access (Task Manager that shows processes or something like that.

thanks a lot

Mike Wagstaff
08-15-2002, 01:04 PM
Try renaming the file first to ****.old rather than ****.dll - then reset your device. You should now be able to delete it.

PC Boy
08-18-2002, 11:55 PM
You could always go after it with a registry editor and remove it that way..