View Full Version : Compatible 128MB SD card for e310?

hyonj
08-13-2002, 04:13 AM
What is a good SD card that is compatible with the e310?

:D I couldn't resist the great deal and purchased one! :lol: I hope I am one of the people who ended up with a good unit as I've read some people have had nothing but problems with theirs.

The screen is unbelievably nice and comparable to the iPAQ 3870 that I saw on display. Crisp and vivid. Sound was good too from the little speaker. After I read all the stuff about the sound being poor, I was expecting a mouse squeak! The recording was decent as well. Hopefully, it'll be a happy transition back to a color unit. I haven't opened it yet so that I could decide if I am going to keep it or not after reading some more about the memory and battery life. If it is really really poor (battery life) then, that's bad, so, I may stick with my monopaq.

Is it worth the risk to get a Sandisk 128 MB secure digital media card? It's half the price of a Kingston! Thanks in advance for your input.

jdhill
08-13-2002, 05:08 PM
Is it worth the risk to get a Sandisk 128 MB secure digital media card? It's half the price of a Kingston! Thanks in advance for your input.
Some people have had good luck with the Sandisk cards. Others have not. My personal experience with Sandisk (in a Casio E-200) was not good. Two different Sandisk 64 MB SD cards were both incompatible with two different E-200s. I refuse to buy Sandisk SD cards because of this and of hearing that so many other people have also had problems.

rapier57
08-22-2002, 03:10 AM
I bought a Sandisk and it is working fine in my e310.

lonewolf69
09-02-2002, 12:05 AM
I thought I was doing good when I purchased the 256mb San Disk card for only $129... But after reading about San Disk here on this FORUM I'm having some 2nd thoughts...

I've been using my E740 for about 3 days now and so far, I have had no problems with the SD card, knock on wood... I'll be SUPREMELY pissed off if it turns out there are compatibility issues with this unit...

-Alex

boringchris
09-20-2002, 06:49 AM
so whats the verdict on this? did toshiba fix this compatibility issue? cause if so, i'd like to get a sandisk SD card, cause they are ridiculous cheap relative to everything else. if not, though, i've found nice deals on lexmark 128 mb cards for like $70 (incl s&h). so yeah. what's the deal?

-chris

"the cast of OFJ (http://filebox.vt.edu/users/mkarwosk/) is gettin rowdaaayy"

lonewolf69
09-20-2002, 10:18 AM
boringchirs,

I've been using my unit now for over three weeks straight and I've now added BOTH CF and SD!!! I have not recieved any problems at all... Maybe the the original posts from the other users just had some one off/unique problems... As I have NOT heard about SD problems anywhere else...

Good luck...

-Alex

boringchris
09-20-2002, 10:57 PM
ok radical. i've only got the 310, so im hopin it works. we'll see. i'll probably look into the 256 mb sandisk SD card. whats the lowest price people have found out there?

Jason Dunn
09-20-2002, 11:18 PM
i'll probably look into the 256 mb sandisk SD card. whats the lowest price people have found out there?

I bought one of these:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00006HCHH/jasondunn-20 (affiliate link)

...and it's awesome! 256 MB SD that you can remove from the USB host, both for $159. Very, very cool.

boringchris
09-21-2002, 01:32 AM
...and it's awesome! 256 MB SD that you can remove from the USB host, both for $159. Very, very cool.
although this probably sounds retarded, what does that part about being able to remove from a USB host mean? remove what, the card? im lost.

msprague
09-21-2002, 05:04 AM
http://www.sandisk.com/consumer/cruzer.asp
Click on "Click to watch video" on left side. That will give you the details.

jl777
09-29-2002, 02:32 AM
i bought a 128mb sandisk sd card, and when i installed it the system started to hang. it is not recognized in the memory settings. any suggestions?

jdhill
09-29-2002, 03:13 AM
i bought a 128mb sandisk sd card, and when i installed it the system started to hang. it is not recognized in the memory settings. any suggestions?
Exchange it for another brand. See my post above. Sandisk seems to have more than its share of compatibility problems.

jl777
09-29-2002, 03:50 AM