View Full Version : USA Today article about XDA

mattsmith0622
08-12-2002, 04:20 PM
I saw this over the weekend and thought I would pass it along:

http://www.usatoday.com/tech/columnist/edwardbaig/2002-08-06-baig_x.htm

jimsparkman
08-13-2002, 06:47 AM
This guy is obviously uniformed and misguided.... He's the type that should wait for the SmartPhone, but he's probably not heard of it. And, what's more, when he does finally use one for the first time, he'll be writing about how it fails miserably as a PDA.

slimline
08-14-2002, 06:20 PM
As a former fan of Nokia, including the 9290 and a former R&D engineer for Ericsson (US cell phone division) as well as a user of the T-Mobile PPC phone for almost 2 weeks I think this guy hit the nail squarely on the head. My experience and perceptions of the device are identical to his and so are thos of some of my colleagues who also switched to this new phone a couple weeks ago.

I have to soft reset several times a day in order to keep it from crashing or locking-up. Where is voice control? And the keyboard on the 9290 is extremely easy to use in comparrison to the stylus and button approach. Overall, I like the phone and I'll stick with it for a few months but I'm getting more and more anxious for the new Nokias coming in a few months...Scott