View Full Version : How low can the e310 go? Act fast!

Jason Dunn
08-09-2002, 03:35 PM
<a href="http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0000658CD/jasonsego">http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0000658CD/jasonsego</a><br /><br />It's like a limbo contest! How much cheaper can the Toshiba e310 possibly get? Would you believe $249.94 with free shipping and a 32 meg SD card? It's true, but only possible for the next 48 hours. Talk about a smokin' deal! The Amazon.com <a href="http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0000658CD.01.RB01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg">$50 rebate expires tomorrow</a>, so don't delay. Then there's the $50 Toshiba rebate that just started today (<a href="http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0000658CD.01.RB02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg">part 1</a>, <a href="http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0000658CD.01.RB03.LZZZZZZZ.jpg">part 2</a>). Source: wjsteele

danmanmayer
08-09-2002, 03:47 PM
Hmmm.. If i wasn't waiting for cell or built in wifi. Dang this is a really nice deal. Is toshiba trying to clear these things out or soemthing?

GadgetDave
08-09-2002, 03:49 PM
Think they know Dell is coming? 8O

Wish they had deals like this on the e740 - I might buy another ... :lol:

Jason Dunn
08-09-2002, 03:54 PM

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0000658CE/jasonsego

Well, how about $50 off, free shipping, and a 32 meg SD card? Final price: $524.94. Not too shabby!

lynnroth
08-09-2002, 04:21 PM
Is it possible to use both the Amazon and the Toshiba rebates? Both of them require you to send in the original UPC symbol.

Anyone ever had any experiences with getting multiple rebates?

Deslock
08-09-2002, 04:34 PM
I'm also wondering about a possible UPC conflict.

BTW, this was missed in the story: you also get a $50 gift certificate with this deal! So assuming you can use both rebates, for $250 you get the e310, 32MB card, and $50 Amazon gift certificate. That's sweet... I'm tempted.

spg
08-09-2002, 04:41 PM

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0000658CE/jasonsego

Well, how about $50 off, free shipping, and a 32 meg SD card? Final price: $524.94. Not too shabby!
And actually I found the e740 on CompUSA's site for $564(w/ shipping). So I sent in a price challenge to Amazon, so maybe they will lower the price more! :)

I've been wanting to get the e740 for a while, but the e310 is a very tempting deal. It really is with the $50 gift certificate on top, could use it to get a better price on the e740. I would be saving money wouldn't I? :? Well someone once said, the more you spend to get rebates, the less the rebates matter. (Ok, so maybe I just made that up) Anyway, great deal.

cajler
08-09-2002, 05:07 PM
Is anyone else getting an error when they try to order this and use AUGPDAMEMYSD as a promo code? It keeps telling me that I can't use this code because the purchase doen not qualify.

CTSLICK
08-09-2002, 05:18 PM
Is anyone else getting an error when they try to order this and use AUGPDAMEMYSD as a promo code? It keeps telling me that I can't use this code because the purchase doen not qualify.

You need to go add the E310 and SD card to your shopping cart and then apply the promo code, I did the same thing :oops:

CTSLICK
08-09-2002, 05:20 PM
Thanks for the update on this! :D My wife will soon be leaving her Handspring Deluxe for the wonderful world of PocketPC.

CTSLICK
08-09-2002, 05:22 PM

BTW, this was missed in the story: you also get a $50 gift certificate with this deal! So assuming you can use both rebates, for $250 you get the e310, 32MB card, and $50 Amazon gift certificate. That's sweet... I'm tempted.

I think the Gift cert is $25 for orders under $400.

spg
08-09-2002, 05:25 PM

I think the Gift cert is $25 for orders under $400.
According to the chart on the offer details page that would be the case, but on the product page is says $50 certificate. I would guess that the chart would be right (thus $25), but I don't know.

Jason Dunn
08-09-2002, 05:32 PM
Is it possible to use both the Amazon and the Toshiba rebates? Both of them require you to send in the original UPC symbol.

Oh...well that's rather odd. :?

spg
08-09-2002, 05:47 PM

Oh...well that's rather odd. :?
Yeah, I would agree. The Toshiba rebate says "The original product label" from the box, and the Amazon says "original UPC". I'm guessing it is, but are "original product label" and "original UPC" the same?

lynnroth
08-09-2002, 05:58 PM
The Toshiba rebate says "The original product label" from the box, and the Amazon says "original UPC". I'm guessing it is, but are "original product label" and "original UPC" the same?

The Toshiba says " Enclose the original complete product lable cut away from the Toshiba Pocket PC e310 box that includes the UPC code and numbers, Toshiba Part number and Serial Number."

Hmmm.....I sent a email to Amazon asking for clarification. I'll report back what I hear.

Lynn

brianchris
08-09-2002, 06:21 PM
Both a boss of mine and a co-worker have been eyeing the e310 deals for a while, but wouldn't get off the fence. I reported this news to them as soon as I saw it, and they both made the purchase within minutes of each other. Anyway, welcome two more users to the PPC world. Oh, and they bought without even knowing about the $50/25 gift certificate.....wow (although it would be good to verify which is it....$50 or $25?) Deals don't get any better than this, if you want one, you better buy one fast :onfire:

Lynnroth, *please* post back when Amazon answers your question regarding the double UPC conundrum.

Thanks for the heads up on the e310 limbo contest! Here's wondering if the prices will drop even more :wink:

-Brian

Nikhil
08-09-2002, 06:23 PM
How does $484 sound for an e740? Even with overnight shipping, your total should be around $510.

Buy.com - $50 off $500 coupon
coupon expires: 2002-08-15 Problems redeeming this deal? Please email us.
buy.com customers take $50 OFF the purchase of $500 or more in any buy.com store. This offer is not valid with any other coupon, shipping coupon, or other promotions, including Price Mistake of the Day. Use coupon code "1S######" - replace the # with any numbers you like (example "1S987654")

Also, if you purchase something between $250 and $500, then using the same coupon, you save $25.

PPCWidow
08-09-2002, 06:34 PM
Remember, you also get a $50 Amazon promo gift certificate via email. If you buy stuff from Amazon regularly - think Christmas presents for PPCWidow :D then your real net for this device is $199 !!!

Timothy Rapson
08-10-2002, 12:11 AM
Amazing.

I don't even want one and I STILL WANT ONE. :wink:

CTSLICK
08-10-2002, 02:07 AM
Hey Gang,

Just got an email from Amazon stating that the Amazon rebate will only require a photocopy of the UPC code. So both rebates are good to go!

Jason Dunn
08-10-2002, 03:09 AM
Wow....$199!!! 8O

Jeff Rutledge
08-10-2002, 06:30 AM
Jason: Can you shed any light on which (if any) of these rebates are available north of the border? I see from the .jpg that the Toshiba $50 isn't (Valid in US only), but I'm not sure about the others. Also is there any additional duty to ship to Canada? The price looks good, but I think once everything is converted to Canuck-bucks it won't be much of a deal.

logo20heli
08-12-2002, 07:02 PM
I asked about the amount of the promotional certificate. According to the Amazon CSR, we will be getting a $50 promo certificate even though their web site implies it will only be $25.

I also asked about the double rebate. The CSR indicated that both rebates were manufacturers rebates and they were not sure whether or not they would accept photocopies of the UPC bar code for rebate submission. They suggested contacting the manufacturer or rebate company.

I also noticed that even though I entered the coupon code for the free Viking SD memory card, the final invoice was still indicating that I was paying $34.99 for it. The CSR adjusted my order so that the Viking card amount is zero. Others may want to check into that as well.

Hope this helps. Also, anyone who gets any info about the two UPC label requirements, please post here.

Jason Dunn
08-12-2002, 07:10 PM
Jason: Can you shed any light on which (if any) of these rebates are available north of the border? I see from the .jpg that the Toshiba $50 isn't (Valid in US only), but I'm not sure about the others. Also is there any additional duty to ship to Canada? The price looks good, but I think once everything is converted to Canuck-bucks it won't be much of a deal.

Amazon.com doesn't ship to Canada, so the rebate issue isn't relavent. :cry: You pretty much need to find a pal in the US to order stuff for you. :P

logo20heli
08-12-2002, 07:19 PM
I also asked about the double rebate. The CSR indicated that both rebates were manufacturers rebates and they were not sure whether or not they would accept photocopies of the UPC bar code for rebate submission. They suggested contacting the manufacturer or rebate company.

I sent an email to the eSend rebate center and got an instant response to my inquiry about sending a photocopy of the UPC code to them, so that I can send the original UPC to Toshiba. Here is their response:

You can submit a copy of your UPC for your Amazon rebate, the original can go to Toshiba. Should you need further assistance in this matter, please feel free to contact us.

Best Regards,

Esend Customer Relations/ Rebate Program

So it looks like both the rebates will work.

Hope this helps.