View Full Version : 4 Ipaqs replaced my original one, now they won't replace it

Sanjay Srikonda
08-08-2002, 06:26 PM
You know, it amazes me, how compaq works or doesn't.

I've had 3 separate units replacing my original 3835 sent to me. This morning, my unit decides not to recharge. The battery is running down and down and down. I call tech support. They say do a hard reset. I do, nothing. I ask to speak to customer service bc the backlight issue is still causing problems even after the ROM upgrade.

I'm first told no i can't speak to customer service. I ask to speak to a supervisor. After 10 minutes on hold i'm told it will be kicked upstairs to Customer Support. About 3 hours later, I get a phone call from Monica Jenkins from Compaq.

This is the 4TH unit mind that is still having the same issue with the backlight. Now, they want me to send it in for repair not replacement bc i didn't report the backlight issue sooner.

the backlight does not work as promised. The unit IS defective, and compaq only will fix the unit, no guarantees that it will be fixed when it comes back after 5 business days.

Their policy:

The unit can only be replaced if a call is made within the replacement period.

After that, the same unit must be returned for repair 3x within 90 days to qualify for replacement.

Each time you have to not have it for 5 business days.

So much for me buying anything else from HP/Compaq.

Grey
08-09-2002, 04:07 PM
Where are you at? My experience has been they pick it up on Monday, get it on Tuesday, and it is back in your hands on Wednesday, Thursday at the latest.

Grey

v19george
08-09-2002, 06:31 PM
do they offer additional warranty where you bought it at? did you buy the warranty where you bought it at?

this is why i ALWAYS ! buy the stores warranty.

some people out there don't believe in warrantys.

too bad for those people :?

dunneldeen
08-14-2002, 08:19 PM
You gotta love CompUSA with the added 1 year (or more) add-on. It seems expensive but worth every penny if you need it. Cracked screen, no problem, here's a replacement unit.

v19george
08-14-2002, 09:32 PM
i will have to agree with you on the CompUSA in store replacement warranty...

it's the best i've seen out there so far..

Brad Adrian
08-14-2002, 10:33 PM
i will have to agree with you on the CompUSA in store replacement warranty...

What's it cost? Usually about 1/3 the purchase price of the device?

v19george
08-15-2002, 08:05 PM
it cost $100, for aditional year, and if you don't think that's a good deal then, your an idiot, .... you rather spent another $600+...

open your eyes 8O

Steven Cedrone
08-15-2002, 08:17 PM
v19george,

Dial it down a notch, O.K.? You act as if someone attacked you.....

Steven Cedrone
Community Moderator