View Full Version : Email App

veroi
08-07-2002, 09:09 PM
I just bought a T Mobile Pocket PC phone, what software is out there that will allow me to e-mail attchments ( Word , Excel, JPEG's ) from a Pocket PC device mail application

brntcrsp
08-07-2002, 09:14 PM
well, the default Pocket PC email client allows you to send attatchments of any file. Start Menu -> (select either Inbox or Programs if Inbox is not present) -> New from the bottom menu -> Edit -> Add Attatchments.

I have no idea if this works on the Phone Edtion, or if T-Mobile has their own proprietary client, but it's standard and should work.

jdhill
08-07-2002, 09:28 PM
Yes, the Inbox should support attachments natively. No third party software is necessary.

veroi
08-07-2002, 09:51 PM
Not having luck with this native option, it might be system in the phone!. However a friend of mine tells me that the formatting is no good when sent to some else e-mail account. Maybe someone can explain.

jdhill
08-07-2002, 10:11 PM
Are you sure that you are in the Inbox and are trying to send an e-mail message?

Have you sent and received normal e-mail messages?

If you are trying to send an SMS message, it can not have attachments.

cludwig
08-08-2002, 03:46 AM
Remember (with Phone Edition) to use the ActiveSync "service", not the "SMS" service -- if you're trying to email stuff.

well, the default Pocket PC email client allows you to send attatchments of any file. Start Menu -> (select either Inbox or Programs if Inbox is not present) -> New from the bottom menu -> Edit -> Add Attatchments.

I have no idea if this works on the Phone Edtion, or if T-Mobile has their own proprietary client, but it's standard and should work.

jdhill
08-08-2002, 05:20 PM
Remember (with Phone Edition) to use the ActiveSync "service", not the "SMS" service -- if you're trying to email stuff.
That's true if you want to send non-wireless e-mail (when it is in the cradle and syncing).

If you want to send wireless e-mail, you need to set up a new service with your ISP and list their POP and SMTP servers.

cludwig
08-09-2002, 02:12 AM
Correct. Of course, then you'd want to use the other new service that you'd set up, still avoiding the "SMS" service.

That's true if you want to send non-wireless e-mail (when it is in the cradle and syncing).

If you want to send wireless e-mail, you need to set up a new service with your ISP and list their POP and SMTP servers.

squeeze
08-16-2002, 08:41 AM
Okay, when you send the attachment from Pocket Outlook Inbox, you have to make sure the file you send is "Saved As" a Word document. To do this, open the doc (in your PPC) and click on "tools" and then Save As. This will save it in DOC format. If you send the native Pocket Word, it saves it as .PSW. Useless on the desktop.