View Full Version : PIE Images not displaying any longer

schergr
08-06-2002, 01:42 PM
Has anyone seen this problem? I'm not sure exactly when this started. All I can tell is that PocketIE can no longer display images, instead all I see is the place holders. This occurs for any app that uses PocketIE (AvantGo, general web browsing, etc...)

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Greg

Steven Cedrone
08-06-2002, 01:48 PM
Has anyone seen this problem? I'm not sure exactly when this started. All I can tell is that PocketIE can no longer display images, instead all I see is the place holders.

Greg,

Try this: Open PIE, go to options, advanced tab, see if the box labeled "Show pictures" is checked......

Steve

markcrump
08-06-2002, 02:18 PM
I'm having the same problem, and show pictures is checked.

schergr
08-06-2002, 04:57 PM
Has anyone seen this problem? I'm not sure exactly when this started. All I can tell is that PocketIE can no longer display images, instead all I see is the place holders.

Greg,

Try this: Open PIE, go to options, advanced tab, see if the box labeled "Show pictures" is checked......

Steve

I don't have that setting on my device. It's an IPAQ 3870 (PPC2002). I have cookie, security and language settings. Can you refer me to a registry setting possibly?

Thanks
- Greg

schergr
08-06-2002, 05:03 PM

Greg,

Steve

I don't have that setting on my device. It's an IPAQ 3870 (PPC2002). I have cookie, security and language settings. Can you refer me to a registry setting possibly?

Thanks
- Greg

Never mind. I found the setting in the registry. Locate it at:
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main - Display Inline Images

Change the value from 0 to 1. This fixes the problem. My question is what the heck changed this in the first place. Hmmmmm...

- greg

Steven Cedrone
08-06-2002, 05:24 PM
Try this:

When surfing the Web with your Windows CE device on a dialup connection, it is best to turn off graphics to speed up download times. (Individual images can still be loaded as needed by tapping on the space where the image would have been.) To toggle image loading on or off in PIE, tap the rightmost icon in the taskbar at the bottom of the screen; it looks like a page with a bent corner and a little red "x" on it.

From Pocket PC Magazine

schergr
08-06-2002, 05:40 PM
Try this:

When surfing the Web with your Windows CE device on a dialup connection, it is best to turn off graphics to speed up download times. (Individual images can still be loaded as needed by tapping on the space where the image would have been.) To toggle image loading on or off in PIE, tap the rightmost icon in the taskbar at the bottom of the screen; it looks like a page with a bent corner and a little red "x" on it.

From Pocket PC Magazine

I see said the blind man...to his deaf wife! ;)

- greg