View Full Version : realone mobile problem

Chris Pi
08-05-2002, 09:14 PM
I just installed realone mobile on my Toshiba e740. It plays the video and audio streams fine from the realone mobile homepage. However, when I try to play streams from the bbc worldservice homepage (or most any other site) I get an error saying "clip is not playable." Is this just a limitation of the realone mobile player or is there a workaround? I'm networked through a Linksys befw11s4 wireless router on a cable modem.

Any help would be appreciated,

Chris

delfuhd
05-23-2003, 04:02 PM
Hmm I'm getting the same problem.. I recently encoded some video so it would fit on my sd card, and when I try to play it I get the message "Clip is not playable." It's really annoying, what's wrong with realone? THe file sizes are small which is great but where can I find a player that will actually work? Someone explain, it's fustrating

Don't Panic!
05-23-2003, 04:40 PM
You need to use the RealVideo 8, 20 Kbps Music codec when encoding files to play on the RealOne Mobile Player for Pocket PC.

Don't Panic!
Bobby

delfuhd
05-23-2003, 07:39 PM
does having the fiels on an sd card affect the abillity to play? I looked on the Real website's customer support and it said that real player doesnt support files on sd cards... odd, I uninstalled realone accidentally and now im installing it again, and i put hte video file on my main memory so I'm going to see if that works...
Also, about hwat you said, I got the "1.1 preview" which they said has real player 9 support.. I guess we'll just have to wait and see...

Chris Pi
05-25-2003, 04:21 PM
For me now, the big question is will the new media player for pocket pc 2003 handle streaming audio better - I returned my e740 last summer because I couldn't get it to do it - and will there be a new real one mobile player released that's improved too.