View Full Version : Just got a Jornada 568

sheltem
08-05-2002, 04:47 AM
I just got a Jornada 568. What accessories do you recommend? Im thinking of getting the Targus stowaway keyboard for it.

Dave Conger
08-05-2002, 07:47 AM
If you need a keyboard, the Targus keyboard is the best I have used. Depending on what expansions you buy for your CF slot you might need to pick up an ATek CF I to CF II converter.

sheltem
08-06-2002, 06:56 AM
Thanks, Ill try out several PDA keyboards at my local B&M staples, although ill probably end up going with the stowaway. Do I need something like a iConcepts USB HotSync Cable for HP Jornada (540 & 560 series), or is it included with the PDA.

sheltem
08-06-2002, 07:03 AM
Another question :) How do the cheaper variants of the "stowaway" type keyboards, like the micro innovations and iconcepts compare to the targus?

pocketpc568
08-09-2002, 07:11 AM
With my 568 I primarily use a 256mb CF card for mp3s and movies. I also use a 56k CF card modem to surf the internet.
For now these options are great, but in the not to distant future I plan on picking up the HP pc card sleeve and a 2 or 5gb pcmcia harddrive so I can carry even more mp3's and movies. And by the end of the year, a bluetooth card so that I can surf the internet wirelessly using my bluetooth enabled gsm/gprs mobile phone.
Enjoy the 568.
For movies, I recommend converting mpegs and avi's to wmv's. That way you can use win media player and you can fit most full length movies on a 256mb card.

Dave Conger
08-09-2002, 06:48 PM
Do I need something like a iConcepts USB HotSync Cable for HP Jornada (540 & 560 series), or is it included with the PDA.

You should have a cradle included with your device that allows for USB sync. If you just want a cable or your device didn't come with a cradle, then the iConcepts sync cable would be a good idea.

Dave Conger
08-09-2002, 06:51 PM
Another question :) How do the cheaper variants of the "stowaway" type keyboards, like the micro innovations and iconcepts compare to the targus?

Cheaper variants are offten buttons, like the iConcepts keyboard and just doesn't comapre to the size and feel of a Stowaway. If you are looking for cheaper, how about the Stowaway for only $69....
http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2695
The Jornada version also was recently on sale at BestBuy.

sheltem
08-10-2002, 07:05 PM
Thanks for the advice, I got in on the Jornada stowaway keyboard sale at Bestbuy and I'm glad I bought the targus. It's got a great build to it and it types just the way I want it.

Anthony
08-13-2002, 01:30 AM
Get a Vaja case- they're really great. You pretty much need one on a Jornada or else the paint all comes off and it looks really bad :cry: