View Full Version : MightySync reviewed

marlof
08-05-2002, 10:00 AM
<a href="http://www.pocketpclife.co.uk/featureddetails.asp?article=130">http://www.pocketpclife.co.uk/featureddetails.asp?article=130</a><br /><br />On <a href="http://www.pocketpclife.co.uk">Pocket PC Life</a> Matthew Miller has reviewed MyDocsUnlimited MightySync 2.0. If you're ever in the need of a program that syncs more than just the RAM based My Documents folder on your Pocket PC, this might be just what you're looking for.<br /><br />"I think MightySync is really what ActiveSync should have been, but for less than $6 it is worth the purchase. I can now rest at ease knowing my critical folders located anywhere on my Pocket PC or storage card are synced on my desktop. And I can easily sync folders on my desktop in the file structure that I want and not be forced to organize files in My Documents. For the price of a fast food meal, you can get this essential program, save yourself time, and reduce some frustrations with the limitations of ActiveSync."

Claudia
08-05-2002, 03:01 PM
I just bought this program a couple of weeks ago, and yes, that's the one tool I had waited for since I bought my Compaq Aero 1520 years ago (nowadays I use a HP Jornada 568).

It helps keeping files organized both on the Pocket PC and on the desktop computer because it recognizes any directory structure.

The program surface could be a bit more accessible. I miss file details (date, size) and sorting of files because this helps me determine which files are important. Also I would like to see PC explorer file symbols for easier identification of file types - in the current version there are only two symbols for files and directories.

And thanks to this review I finally know why my Pocket PC is keeping synching all the time though I put it on manual sync againg and again. So there is room for improvement.

Nevertheless, it's a must have tool for any Pocket PC, and I hope that it will be successful.

madmaxmedia
08-05-2002, 06:20 PM
This is a fantastic program that allows you to save documents on your PC the way you want to, rather than forcing you to save certain files in your sync folder. For only 6 bucks its a steal! Syncing to a storage card and syncing entire folders is great too.

The developer is very responsive as well, and has answered all my questions very fast. I made a couple of suggestions, and he is going to try to incorporate into the next version. What I'd like is the option for 1-way syncing. Sometimes I have Word files for viewing only on my PPC, because my PPC strips out the formatting. So a 1-way sync option would protect the file on my desktop (without having to manually copy the file over every time I change it.)

mydocs
08-06-2002, 06:15 AM
Thanks madmaxmedia and Claudia; I want you to know I am still plugging away at this -- your suggestions and criticisms are quite valid. Version 3.0 will involve radically improved code, and is taking quite an effort to get right. No charge will be made for the upgrade.