View Full Version : Email Attachments

remoor
08-02-2002, 10:14 PM
I am needing to be able to get email attachments in my PPC 2002 Inbox, and am unable to figure out how. I have the get full message selected and cant find another selection to allow attachments. Any advice will be appreciated.

Jeff Rutledge
08-02-2002, 11:42 PM
I am needing to be able to get email attachments in my PPC 2002 Inbox, and am unable to figure out how. I have the get full message selected and cant find another selection to allow attachments. Any advice will be appreciated.

Assuming it's just your Activesync Inbox you're talking about, you can set this in Activesync's settings.

Go into Options, click Inbox and Settings. Clear the first to checkboxes to get ALL mail and the full message. Check the last checkbox to get your Attachments.

remoor
08-02-2002, 11:57 PM
No not using activesync, this would be getting email direct to the inbox.

Jeff Rutledge
08-03-2002, 12:32 AM
Then, assuming you've got a POP3 or IMAP account already setup, go into Inbox and click Tools/Options and select that Service.

Go through the setup screens until you see the Options button. Click that button and go to the second screen (it will say Advanced (2/3)). There you can change the default setting "Get message headers only" to "Get full copy of message".

Then (hopefully) you'll be good to go!

HTH.

remoor
08-03-2002, 12:41 AM
Already did that, but no attachments, dont even show on the email that they are there. But they are.

Jeff Rutledge
08-03-2002, 01:00 AM
Already did that, but no attachments, dont even show on the email that they are there. But they are.

Hmmmm. Then I'm stumped. It works for me. Have you tried (just as a test) to select "Get Full Copy" from within the message? What kind of mail service are you using (ie. POP3)? What kind of attachments?

remoor
08-03-2002, 01:46 AM
OK, JR with your help I figured it out. I have the Hotmail add-on that allows me to get Hotmail messages, but wont allow attachments and that was what I was using. I changed to my pop3 account and it works fine. Thanks for asking what kind of mail service I was using. I appreciate your help.

Jeff Rutledge
08-03-2002, 01:52 AM
Glad to help.