View Full Version : iPAQ 3970 SD slot ejection

masaki
08-01-2002, 03:41 AM
I just tried a SanDisk 128MB SD on my 3970. When I eject the dummy, it came out with no problem (the spring was strong enough to spit that thing out of the slot totally). But when I eject the 128MB, the spring doesn't even push the the card up.

Has anyone experienced this? Does it mean the slot's ejection spring is defective?

Brad Adrian
08-01-2002, 03:06 PM
Assuming that you've got the card facing the correct way, the spring should at least pop the card up so that about half of it is extended. If it's not pushing it up enough to grab, I'd say that something's defective.

Jason Dunn
08-01-2002, 03:12 PM
I've noticed that sometimes I have to really punch the card to get it out - it's really odd. You have to push it deep then release quickly.

masaki
08-01-2002, 07:50 PM
The SD works, no problem reading/writing to it so I guess it's inserted correctly.

:) I've been inserting/ejecting the SD as I was watching The Goonies last night (probably over 200 times :) )...now it seems the ejection works a bit better.

Pressing it down and slip my finger away from it does make it pop up but still, the ejection is not as good as on the 3870.