View Full Version : Palm and Pocket PC SD Bluetooth card compatible?

Hank Scorpio
07-29-2002, 11:21 PM
do you think the Toshiba SD bluetooth cards will work in both the Palm and the Pocket PC? The palm one is cheaper than the one you can get from Toshiba for the Pocket PC, only by $20 but I was just wondering?

schergr
08-06-2002, 01:28 PM
do you think the Toshiba SD bluetooth cards will work in both the Palm and the Pocket PC? The palm one is cheaper than the one you can get from Toshiba for the Pocket PC, only by $20 but I was just wondering?

The IPAQ 36/37/3800 series are not SDIO compliant. So unless their is another way to make this work, it's not likley. The Toshiba devices are, from the advertisements/spec sheets I've seen, not SDIO compliant either, but I don't know how else it could be done. Can anyone enlighten us as to whether or not this is even feasible on a non SDIO compliant device?

Dave Conger
08-06-2002, 07:06 PM
If you have an SDIO device they should both work.

I don't know what spec sheets schergr has been looking at, but both Toshiba devices currently available are SDIO complient. There has been some rumors about non SDIO complient devices getting an upgrade to make it possible, but nothing has come of it. Handspring has been talking about making the Treo 90 SDIO.