View Full Version : Email retrival from Hotmail/MSN

csterns
07-28-2002, 06:25 AM
Is it possible to retrive email from Hotmail/MSN and have it sync with my IPAQ?

jdhill
07-28-2002, 06:10 PM
I know that you can set up Outlook to work with MSN and sync with your Pocket PC. The MSN e-mail help pages should tell you how to configure Outlook and MSN. The key is to use SPA (Secure Password Authentication) and to make sure you have your POP and SMTP settings configured exactly as they tell you.

You can also set up Outlook to work with Hotmail (I have not done this recently, but did it in the past). I think (but I'm not certain) that you can sync the Hotmail folders in Outlook with your Pocket PC.

Jason Dunn
07-28-2002, 08:17 PM
You want this application:

http://www.handango.com/PlatformProductDetail.jsp?siteId=311&platformId=2&productType=2&catalog=0&sectionId=0&productId=32020

(affiliate link)

Thinkingman
07-29-2002, 02:50 PM
Thanks for the post Jason, it is a good post. I think it will be beneficial the software if you really want to use hotmail on your PPC. the more you use your ppc for, the more it will be integrated into your life and the more you will ge out of it. Whatever the cost of yourPPC it becomes an investment.:)

Trade Wind
07-30-2002, 05:30 AM
FWIW...the next version of MSN will include the ability to synchronize your mail, contacts, calendar details, tasks, and notes with Pocket PCs.

However, it will be subscription based. If you just want your MSN Hotmail..the application Jason sent ya will do the trick!