View Full Version : 3835 Power Problems

ChrisHasenpflug
07-28-2002, 03:48 AM
Just returned from a trip to Maine and frankly am a bit disappointed in my iPAQ. On the flight I pulled out my freshly charged iPAQ and Targus Keyboard to do catch on e-mail. Most of it was reading and scrolling via the arrow keys on the keyboard. Every so often the iPAQ would turn off. No real reason why, I was actively using the unit via the keyboard. Anyway, I changed the power setting to stay on while on battery. Problem fixed

So, Question Number 1: Why did my iPAQ insist on turning off while being activly used? Known problem?

After finishing my work I packed it back up in my carryon and continued on the journey. I used the iPAQ later that night and everything seemed ok and again fully charged the battery. The next night I powered on my iPAQ and saw the awful sight of the iPAQ Red & White logo and then greeted with a "brand new" iPAQ (i.e. everything was gone). Apparantly the unit came on in it's case and did not turn off given my newly adjusted setting.

Question/Rant Number 2: Why was my iPAQ allowed to drain it's power so far that everything would be lost? Does it not make sense to shut the system off before permanent data loss occurs and now allow it to be powered back on until recharged?

ChrisHasenpflug
07-28-2002, 03:57 AM
Oh yeah, problem # 3. After doing a full charge of the system I attempted to do a restore from my SD card so I would atleast have SOME of my information. So I go to restore and pick Storage Card. But no dice it won't find the backup. Maybe because I renamed it?? Seems kind of ridiculous, but shouldn't I be able to PICK the back-up I want to restore?