View Full Version : Time Resetting

khardesty
07-28-2002, 03:31 AM
Has anyone had trouble with the time on their 740 resetting? Every time I sync mine, the hour sets back by 3 hours. I soft and hard reset it, and it still does the same thing. This started a day ago, after I loaded Resco's File Explorer. I really like this software, but I wonder if it was the problem. I have scanned my system (PC) for viruses, emailed Symantec to see if this could possibly be a virus, reformatted my storage cards, etc.

Loki Gelfling
07-31-2002, 02:56 AM
Check the settings in ActiveSync (Sync Options/Synchronize Mobile Device Clock Upon Connecting), the Clock/Time Zone in the PDA (should be set to Home and your local time zone), and the clock/timezone on your laptop/desktop. They should all match, although PocketPC2002 uses GMT internally, and will adjust appointment times when you change from Home to Visiting. I shift my PDA from Pacific to Central and back every weekend(Home is Central, and I commute to work on the West Coast), and forget to reset the timezone on my laptop, and don't have any problems. Give it a try.