View Full Version : Ipaq Compact Flash restore HELP!!!!!!!

CoreyJF
07-24-2002, 09:47 PM
I had a 3765 ipaq which broke today. Bestbuy replaced it for free with a 3830. I couldn't sync becuase of a broken part and hadn't synced since last week when I rebuit by desktop. Didn't save to contacts becuase I had backed them up on the ipaq. The new 3830 doesn't seem to use the same backup untilty. I have the original CF back up file but can't seem to open it with anything and would very much like to retrive my contacts. I can always reinstal programs manually, just need the contacts. Thanks in advance for any help

Jason Dunn
07-24-2002, 09:59 PM
I hate to tell you this, but you're in a world of hurt. :? The 3700 and 3800 series are different beasts entirely. There's no way to restore the 3700 onto the 3800.

The only option that I can think of is to find someone with a 3700 series, get them to restore your file, they sync to Outlook, then export that Outlook PST file with your contacts to you can import them. Only way out from what I can see.

I know hindsight is 20/20, but you should always sync ALL your data to your PC - that's what it's there for. :-)