View Full Version : Can I remove Solitaire ?

gdouglas
07-20-2002, 02:20 AM
Hi, I have deployed 7 Casio E-115 with D-Link compact flash wireless card in a hospital in Africa. Clinicians use them to transfer and discharge patients (well, its a start). My biggest problem is that they love to play Solitaire and end up draining the batteries before they have finished seeing patients. Is there any way that I can delete Solitaire (and other apps they don't need) from the handheld?

Thanks,
Gerry Douglas

Jason Dunn
07-20-2002, 02:29 AM
No, they're in ROM. But what you CAN do is fire up File Explorer, go into /windows/start menu, and delete any of the icons that you don't want them to use. They can still technically start solitaire by browsing into the /windows directory and finding the .exe, but that is quite unlikely.

dcharles18
07-21-2002, 06:33 PM
Damn physicians :lol:

Dave Conger
07-22-2002, 12:27 AM
They can still technically start solitaire by browsing into the /windows directory and finding the .exe, but that is quite unlikely.

How about delete the File Explorer icon too? It would present a problem if you needed File Explorer later, but you could always copy the link file to your desktop so you could restore it later.

juni
07-22-2002, 06:14 AM
How about getting them a few extra batteries and let them have their fun, I'm sure they deserve it. ;)