View Full Version : Flickering screen...

Jason Dunn
07-17-2002, 10:23 PM
My Toshiba e570 has a flickering screen - the lower 20% of the screen visibly flickers. Anyone else heard of this problem?

JonnoB
07-17-2002, 11:50 PM
I guess most people with the problem would have seen it and not heard it.... unless the flickering is making noise? :wink: :wink:

spursdude
07-18-2002, 12:14 AM
sometimes i've noticed slight scan lines which makes some flickering, but nothing too intrusive or bothering to me. if there's so much flickering that it's bothering you, you may have a defective unit. (?) however, my maestro is my first and only PPC, so maybe the flickering is really bad compared to other PPCs.

web docta
07-18-2002, 03:14 AM
My Toshiba e570 has a flickering screen - the lower 20% of the screen visibly flickers. Anyone else heard of this problem?

Jason, I don't have a Tosh but my Maestro flickers sometimes and I seem to have this problem when the unit has been subjected to a hot enviornment. It happens when I leave it in my car and the temps get pretty hot or some have suggested that leaving the screen on "super bright" settings cause the unit to generate more heat. Just a guess to the cause....

foldedspace
07-18-2002, 05:07 PM
I get that on occasion...mostly when I have the screen on super bright. Since I don't want to crack the case and mess with any tiny adjustments, I just overclock it and drop the screen down to high bright. This seems to knock it out pretty well.

pixelator
07-28-2002, 06:13 AM
There's a Brighthand thread that deals with this issue. I also contributed a few pics of my own endeavor to fix this on my own... Worked like a charm. Check Covert's Audiovox site for more details if you're not a Brighthand type person.

b