View Full Version : Connection settings trouble...

SirG
07-17-2002, 12:48 PM
I use my PPC at home & at work and want to connect to the net with it on both locations.

At home, I have to use a proxy server. At work I don't.

No I thought I just had to make 2 different profiles and put the home profile in the INTERNET settings and work in work (duh)

At home everything works great... But the work settings just don't work... For some reason, my 3870 does not remember the work settings. If I tick the "This network connects to the internet" thing and press ok, it immediately forgets that setting!

If I connect to my internet settings @ work and thus disable the proxy server in the internet profile, it works... but that's just too much hassle... WTF am I doing wrong here... I think I allready started to grow some grey hairs 'cause I just can't seem to fix this problem...

Thanks in advance for your time...

Jason Dunn
07-17-2002, 02:11 PM
This is a known issue and something I've been harping to MS about since October 2001...there is no fix, no solution. You have to switch it manually every single time. :evil:

SirG
07-17-2002, 02:25 PM
You're kidding right? Isn't that the purpose of having the internet & work settings?

Grmbl... Mikeysoft... Grmbl...

SirG
07-17-2002, 07:04 PM
Hmm... This is strange...

With these settings I can listen to streaming video, my Animated Today flash application can load its variables from the webserver but my Internet Explorer refuses to work...

Hmm.. What's up with that?

Jason Dunn
07-17-2002, 10:01 PM
You're kidding right? Isn't that the purpose of having the internet & work settings?

Microsoft only seems to test connectivity within the Microsoft campus, no where else. They assume everyone follows their rules...<sigh> :evil: