View Full Version : Maestro Keyboard is available!

Malacandra
07-17-2002, 05:47 AM
Maestro now has its own folding keyboard. 1/2 the price of the Stowaway or Pocketop.

You have to order directly from the PARTS department here:
(800) 229-1235
M-F 8:30 AM - 5PM EST

Maestro Keyboard Part # CKP2032

Here's a link to some pics
http://discussion.brighthand.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=55531&perpage=15&pagenumber=1

I think I'm gonna give it a go. The novelty and thrill of the wireless keyboard has worn off. It's connection is inconsistent and it's a hassle to reset and set landscape. Pocketop is great for Palms, I think or at least other PPCs with the IR port on top.

Dave Conger
07-17-2002, 06:17 AM
Hopefully Audiovox makes its next PDA (other then Thera) compatible with the Maestro hardware. It seems like people really liked the Maestro but it took them a long time to get accessories out for it.

foldedspace
07-20-2002, 04:36 AM
Good News! The keyboard and new screen protectors are now available online.

https://www.audiovoxonline.com/webapp/commerce/command/ExecMacro/Audiovox_Online_Store/macros/avox_main.d2w/report

Malacandra
07-25-2002, 06:24 PM
It came yesterday, in four days since I ordered it (they said 5 to 7).
Folded, it is about the same thickness as the Maestro but wider and longer.
The stand quite stable.
The keyboard is split nearly in the middle with a large gap (from which the stand folds out) so it is slightly similar to one of those funky curved Microsoft keyboards.
The keys are smaller than standard, but plenty big enough for typing.
Key travel is comfortable.
Driver installed (from a FLOPPY!) and works fine.
There are unchangeable (blue) launch keys for Contacts, Calendar, Tasks, Inbox and (with function key) Notes, Word and Excel.
You can assign both programs AND FILES to the Function + Number keys, so you have ten assignable hotkeys.
There is a key to launch the Today Screen and to open the Start menu.
Arrow keys to move around; Function key adds page up, down, end, home, etc.
They include a nice little leather case and an A/C adapter adapter (not the adapter, just the adapter to us the adapter, so you can plug the AC cord in while the Maestro is on the stand.)
The best part is the price: <$60. For that price it IS as good as a Stowaway and blows the IR keyboard away.