View Full Version : One day only deals at Buy.com

Jason Dunn
07-16-2002, 08:34 PM
<a href="http://www.buy.com/retail/store.asp?loc=15046">http://www.buy.com/retail/store.asp?loc=15046</a><br /><br />Jeffrey Rubin sent us a link with some exciting deals on hardware - Sandisk 128 meg SD card for $58.95, 256 meg CF card for $94.95, and some great deals on other items. I'm a Buy.com affiliate partner, but they have this horrible system that takes hours to generate a working affiliate code. They should take notes from Amazon.com for a simple system. At any rate, go get this hardware while you can!

kagayaki1
07-16-2002, 09:06 PM
Wow! The SD is a great deal! Better than most OEM shops around the net!8O

(Now I'm probably going to get a ton of people saying, "yeah, right. I saw it in 7-11 for less...")

JonnoB
07-16-2002, 09:47 PM
(Now I'm probably going to get a ton of people saying, "yeah, right. I saw it in 7-11 for less...")

Probably, but then PPCT would not get any affiliate funds... and we like this site so much, we want people to get THIS good deal.

Sven Johannsen
07-16-2002, 10:01 PM
Before I go part with $$$$, is anyone using the Sandisk SD 128M card in a Jornada? MMC battery or PCCard adapter? I've read spotty reports on SD use in a Jornada (advertised as MMC) and I though Sandisk was taking a lot of heat on their SD cards anyway.

Dave Beauvais
07-16-2002, 10:10 PM
Wow! The SD is a great deal! Better than most OEM shops around the net!
I think the better deal is a little further down the page: the SanDisk Cruzer 256 MB. You not only get a 256 MB SD card, but also a USB card reader for a mere $150 with free shipping. That's a good deal!

--Dave

ipaq-PHD
07-16-2002, 10:13 PM
Amazon.com has the same price ! :wink: Can you affiliate link the item with them too :?: Also, people who order can use the $5 off $35 coupon ! :D

ipaq-PHD
07-16-2002, 10:14 PM
And I saw it at 7-11 for ... :lol:

MobiliT
07-16-2002, 10:22 PM
Also, people who order can use the $5 off $35 coupon ! :D
Never forget the coupon codes! They can usually be used in addition to the original discount. :D

Dave Conger
07-16-2002, 10:31 PM
Wow! The SD is a great deal! Better than most OEM shops around the net! (Now I'm probably going to get a ton of people saying, "yeah, right. I saw it in 7-11 for less...")

Actually that really the best price on the net. You would be hardpressed to find it anywhere else for cheaper...even no name memory.

bblock
07-17-2002, 03:14 AM
I'll admit - it is a great price. However, a couple weeks ago someone posted (on this site, of course) a link to another deal that w/ mfg's rebate coupon was only $49.95 US for the 128MB SD card.

Being as broke as I am, that was one deal I couldn't pass up, so thanks to whomever posted that one.

---Update: Pupil??? Well, I guess you had to pick something. :roll:

Jason Dunn
07-17-2002, 04:00 AM
Probably, but then PPCT would not get any affiliate funds... and we like this site so much, we want people to get THIS good deal.

Well, as I said, it's not an affiliate code. I didn't want to risk you guys not getting the products and having them sell out, so I didn't wait for the Buy.com affiliate code.

I dearly wish more people thought like you guys - it seems that every single time I post an affiliate product link, or even a product review, someone is posting "This is a rip off", "I found product XYZ for $5 less and it's better", blah blah. Quite honestly, it gets really tiresome to constantly have people give their "input" on a thread like that. I don't know if they realize how much it undermines my efforts and my enthusiasm for doing it... :?

But enough of me bitching - there are far more important things to worry about in this life. :D

Hyperluminal
07-17-2002, 06:19 PM
Wait a second. I was all set to get disappointed, since I missed the one-day sale for the SD card. I checked Buy.com's normal price listing for it anyway, and now it's gone all the way up to... $58.95. It looks like the one-day sale is lasting a little longer than expected.

Anyway, I'll probably still get it, because they may raise the price soon...

Newsboy
07-18-2002, 05:16 AM
Ha, Jason is gonna kill me but...according to www.techbargains.com, Amazon has the SanDisk 128 mb SD card for $58.95-$5 coupon-$20 in rebates = $33.95 after rebates, shipped free! If you get this deal, link through PocketPCThoughts so our favorite website can make some more money!

Man, I wish I wasn't unemployed! What can't school start already so I can get my gadget money, I mean, my financial aid. ;)

Jason Dunn
07-18-2002, 05:57 AM
Ha, Jason is gonna kill me but...according to www.techbargains.com, Amazon has the SanDisk 128 mb SD card for $58.95-$5 coupon-$20 in rebates = $33.95 after rebates, shipped free! If you get this deal, link through PocketPCThoughts so our favorite website can make some more money!

No worries. Hell, I can at least do affiliate links to Amazon.com easily! ;-) I'll make this front-page tomorrow.

ipaq-PHD
07-18-2002, 03:33 PM
Hey ! Why does Newsboy get all the credit ? :cry:

Jason Dunn
07-18-2002, 03:42 PM
Hey ! Why does Newsboy get all the credit ? :cry:

Oooopppss....VERY sorry! :oops: Correcting now - I'll credit you both. :-)

ipaq-PHD
07-18-2002, 04:10 PM
Thanks ! :werenotworthy:

agostumpy
07-20-2002, 06:01 AM
Just looking around at Buy.com and found their 128 mb Sandisk Cruzer (http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=10321051&loc=101&rp=true) for only $69.99 with FREE Shipping!! The cheapest I could find this anywhere else was $85.95. GREAT deal :D