View Full Version : Moving Inbox mail storage to storage card

lchungwe
07-15-2002, 09:36 AM
How to move inbox files @ \windows\messenging to \storage card\messenging.

THis is becos i had alot of mail items and had to read it when offline.

Jason Dunn
07-15-2002, 02:30 PM
I'm not aware of any way to do this. It MIGHT be possible with a registry hack, but I'll leave that to someone else to figure out... :-)

lchungwe
07-15-2002, 06:36 PM
Could anyone help as it is very urgent?

Many Thanks.

schergr
07-16-2002, 06:40 PM
there's a checkbox to do this for you. Open the inbox app. Tap Tools-->Options --> Storage. And check off "Store attachments on storage card." Make sure the card is in and registered then tap ok.

- Greg

How to move inbox files @ \windows\messenging to \storage card\messenging.

THis is becos i had alot of mail items and had to read it when offline.

Jason Dunn
07-16-2002, 06:43 PM
there's a checkbox to do this for you. Open the inbox app. Tap Tools-->Options --> Storage. And check off "Store attachments on storage card." Make sure the card is in and registered then tap ok.

Is THAT what he was asking for? I swear, sometimes the most obvious things escape me... :roll:

schergr
07-16-2002, 06:49 PM

Is THAT what he was asking for? I swear, sometimes the most obvious things escape me... :roll:

I think thats what he was asking for....I dunno. :?

lchungwe
07-17-2002, 06:57 AM
The option in inbox enable to move yr attachments not the mail items

I want to move the items to the storage cards so that I can download more mails.

schergr
07-17-2002, 02:26 PM
The option in inbox enable to move yr attachments not the mail items

I want to move the items to the storage cards so that I can download more mails.

Ahhh..."I see!" said the blind man. There is no way that I am aware of to do this.

Jason Dunn
07-17-2002, 02:29 PM
The option in inbox enable to move yr attachments not the mail items. I want to move the items to the storage cards so that I can download more mails.

Aha! So I wasn't completely dense the first time. :wink: Like I said before, I'm not aware of any way to do this - you're basically asking if you move the Inbox multi-file database to a CF card. You can't, just like you can't move the Contacts of Calendar database to the CF card.

lchungwe
07-17-2002, 02:45 PM
Well if someone could come out with some ideas on how to tweak the reigstry and at least can help everyone in return.

Anyone who understand the PocketpC 2002 registry can pop in some ideas.

marlof
07-17-2002, 02:49 PM
As far as I know there is no tweaking the registry that would do what you want. The PIM databases ( Inbox, Calendar, Contacts, Tasks ) of Pocket Outlook have to reside in RAM, and they can't be forced to go on a Storage Card.