View Full Version : Hexacto Games Interview

Jason Dunn
07-14-2002, 12:00 PM
<a href="http://www.handecomputing.com/articles/hexacto.asp">http://www.handecomputing.com/articles/hexacto.asp</a><br /><br />HANDe Computing has an interview with the President of Hexacto - a good read if you're interesting in mobile gaming.<br /><br />"Hexacto games is one of the leading game PDA development companies in the market today. Some of the widely played games they have developed include names such as, Lemonade Inc., Tennis Addict, Soccer Addict, and the Bounty Hunter 2099 pinball. Hexacto is also gearing up to enter the wireless phone and desktop PC game market as well (for the newer color screen phones). I recently got a chance to do an "e-mail interview" with Alexandre Taillefer, President of Hexacto. Read on to find out what he thinks of the future of his industry."

marcusbankuti
07-15-2002, 03:15 AM
This is much better than the ZIO interview (http://www.pdabuyersguide.com/interviews/zio.htm) that was around last week or the week before.

I was surprised to learn that Gameboy Advance was not a main priority for them. According to the interview, 100,000 dollars is made on a successful game in the PDA industry. Apparently this is why there are no major developers in the market. There are many major developers creating for Gameboy Advance, giving me the impression more money is to be made there.

dcharles18
07-15-2002, 06:35 AM
I am anxiously awaiting 'Hockey Addict' from them. Thanks Marcus for the heads up about it. :wink:

Marc Zimmermann
07-15-2002, 09:18 AM
I just happen to love Lemonade Inc. It has extremely cute graphics, shows an eye for the finer details and is well worth the 19.95$. I definitely look forward for more top-quality games like this.

marcusbankuti
07-15-2002, 02:03 PM
I just happen to love Lemonade Inc. It has extremely cute graphics, shows an eye for the finer details and is well worth the 19.95$. I definitely look forward for more top-quality games like this. When I first received lemonade inc., I played it for almost 5 hours. I haven't played it since.

spg
07-15-2002, 06:09 PM
I was surprised to learn that Gameboy Advance was not a main priority for them. According to the interview, 100,000 dollars is made on a successful game in the PDA industry. Apparently this is why there are no major developers in the market. There are many major developers creating for Gameboy Advance, giving me the impression more money is to be made there.
It did kinda suprise me as well, but he also mentions that development costs are much lower in the PDA market than other markets. In the Gameboy market I would assume that the cost of the game cartridiges could be quite high. Currently it seems that Hexacto is trying to keep costs down, and developing for the Gameboy just doesn't fit into the business model.

spg
07-15-2002, 06:12 PM
I just happen to love Lemonade Inc. It has extremely cute graphics, shows an eye for the finer details and is well worth the 19.95$. I definitely look forward for more top-quality games like this. When I first received lemonade inc., I played it for almost 5 hours. I haven't played it since.

I have had Lemonade Inc. for a good long while (5 months I think). I haven't stopped playing it ever since I got it. Great game.

marcusbankuti
07-15-2002, 11:02 PM
I am anxiously awaiting 'Hockey Addict' from them. Thanks Marcus for the heads up about it. :wink: I for one can't wait for Baseball Addict. The screenshots have been posted on Hexactos site for over a month, and it will be the next game in the Sports Addict series. I for one thought it would be released before the beginning of July, but the month is half over and I'm still left waiting :(

Dave Conger
07-16-2002, 02:14 AM
Hexacto has really done a lot for Pocket PC gaming and I can't wait to see their games available on multiple platforms.