View Full Version : case for the ipaq?

v19george
07-11-2002, 06:49 PM
what case is really good and looks good?

anyone has an opinion about it :?:

Jason Dunn
07-11-2002, 08:14 PM
Two suggestions:

Vaja (www.vajacases.com) cases are BEAUTIFUL but quite expensive

Handheld Planet cases are quite nice, and MUCH cheaper

http://handheldplanet.net/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=SFNT&Store_Code=HHP&Affiliate=PocketPCThoughts

dcharles18
07-12-2002, 03:17 PM
I had a bad experience with Handheld Planet. Supposedly they have improved the quality of their product since then, but their initial cases were crap and I had to jump through hoops like crazy to get a refund.

Jason Dunn
07-12-2002, 03:27 PM
I had a bad experience with Handheld Planet. Supposedly they have improved the quality of their product since then, but their initial cases were crap and I had to jump through hoops like crazy to get a refund.

Are you talking about those "expanding" cases they used to have? Yeah, I agree, they weren't very good at all. They've since completely change their product line, and I can honestly say that the quality is FAR better. Never tried the refund thing with them before, so I can't speak to that.

dcharles18
07-13-2002, 06:27 PM
Are you talking about those "expanding" cases they used to have? Yeah, I agree, they weren't very good at all. They've since completely change their product line, and I can honestly say that the quality is FAR better. Never tried the refund thing with them before, so I can't speak to that.

No, I mean this one

http://handheldplanet.net/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=HHP&Product_Code=FT3800_CLIP&Category_Code=05000

Only I paid $60 plus dollars for it when it first came out.

malott
07-27-2002, 12:58 AM
I recently bought an EB case for my 3970 and it is total crap I ended up epoxying (1500lb rating don't want it falling off :( ) a generic knob for a standard swivel clip to the back of the case it came with works pretty well actually, but I am considering an evolution case from vaja case anyone taken that $149 plunge yet is so what’s the verdict?

dcharles18
07-27-2002, 02:22 PM
Where does one find such epoxy?

malott
07-27-2002, 04:22 PM
at wall-mart :D it comes in a dual cylinder container you have two squirt it out mix them up then you've got about five minutes to use it, it's in the hardware section. I also got the swivel clip and knob there in cell phone accessories total set-up was about $7

dcharles18
07-27-2002, 05:00 PM
Thanks, I'll have to give that a try. :D

willkess71
07-28-2002, 02:08 AM
Suggest that you consider a case though... I had mine pop out of a similar solution with the old cover pack ... Thankfully it hit carpet and did not self destruct. I made my own case using A Neoprene Pocket PC Case, A Nokia Belt Clip and Swivel Point and 2 nuts, and washers and a small screw. This covers the unit serves as a wallet and I used it for 2 years until I finally broke away from my cf sleeve and could get the VAJA Wallet case. I hope you find something that works.

ymm424
07-28-2002, 01:29 PM
Since I've already fallen in a lake (yep, that's true!) with my iPaq, I've learned to give great regard to my choice of case. I found one at Circuit City made by iSUIT that, although not leather (who cares?), it zippers shut all around, keeping dirt out, and it has some space for a few business/credit cards. I love it! Cost? I believe about $30? Hope this is helpful. :lol:

disconnected
07-28-2002, 05:39 PM
I liked the Vaja case for the 3600 model, but the 3800/3900 cases are a different style (bottom cutout) that I don't like as well.

I just got an Inooch case for my 3975, and I think it's the best case I've had (and I've had many!).