View Full Version : October 27 2002 bug?

web docta
07-11-2002, 02:02 PM
OK, I know that I have seen this problem before but I can't remember where I read it.
For some reason my Maestro wouldn't turn itself back on after I took it out of the sync cradle. I did a soft reset and after a little coaxing it finally came on, only to have the date set at October 27, 2002.
I remember reading something about this in a thread somewhere but at the time I did not experience this bug.

web docta
07-12-2002, 03:13 AM
OK, I've done some searching and apparently this is a known problem but I have not seen a fix anywhere. It's only happened to me once so I'm not too concerned right now. But hopefully Audiovox/Toshiba will put a fix out for it.

Ed Hansberry
07-12-2002, 04:01 AM
Strange. I've not heard of this. If you find some details, please post.

Malacandra
07-12-2002, 01:11 PM
First of all, this has been a reported problem. The Maestro won't come on and a looooong soft reset after which the date and time are messed up. Mine has done it several times over great lengths of time. It's not date specific, either. For example, when it happened to me last month, the Maestro woke up somewhere in September.

I have a theory: Yesterday I plugged my AC adapter into my Maestro and left it. It would have sat there several hours with a full charge because I was out for the day. Do you think it "over-charged" and shut itself off as some kind of safety feature? Just a theory. The green light was still on even though the Maestro wouldn't power on.

Some have also reported the problem happening after a rapid battery discharge in which the Maestro got pretty hot. Maybe it's just a random quirk. Every PPC model has its own unique weird nooglies.

All the times this has happened it's never been anything other than that long soft reset and resetting the date/and time or syncing to do it. NEVER any data loss.