View Full Version : anyone tried the iPAQ foldable keyboard?

Wackyman
07-11-2002, 04:17 AM
Hi, I am shopping now for a keyboard so I can do some serious note taking while studying. Yesterday I got the micro innovation IR keyboard which was reviewed positively recently somewhere and found it to be a total false advertisement! It just does not work with the 38xx series as the way the company claims; they even have a picture on the box showing the keyboard working with a 38xx iPAQ. That's total BS!!!! DON'T BUY THE cXXp! (sorry, got kind of out of control because I lost 15% restocking fee when returning it to CompUSA)

So now i am looking at either the iPAQ foldable keyboard or some microkeyboard.

Any thoughts?

Thanks a lot

Jason Dunn
07-11-2002, 03:02 PM
I've always been really happy with my Think Outside (www.thinkoutside.com) Stowaway keyboard on any device I've used it with. If you use the code "pocketpcthoughts" you'll get free overnight shipping, and a % of that sale goes to this site. 8)

renz
07-13-2002, 11:28 AM
Hi, I have the iPAQ foldable Keyboard and itīs cool! I especially like the folding mechanism - it works great and really is an eyecatcher.

You need a flat surface for the keyboard. It will not work on your lap, but only on some kind of desk. The footprint is relatively small though, using it on an airplane should be no problem.

Good luck and have fun! :wink:

swatter
07-13-2002, 04:21 PM
I have been very happy with my Compaq foldable keyboard as well. One of the big selling points for me over the Targus was that the Compaq keyboard had a power connector as well, allowing you to charge your iPaq as you type.

One caveat - If you use the serial port on the bottom of the iPaq for anything else (such as a cable that connects to your cell phone), be sure to uncheck the "enable keyboard" box in the iPaq foldable keyboard applet in programs. The keyboard driver holds the serial port.