View Full Version : e310 - Frontlight turns off in the cradle!

ajp
07-10-2002, 01:26 AM
Hi everybody,

I've encountered an insignificant-yet-annoying glitch on my e310--sometimes, when I cradle the device, the frontlight turns itself off and won't come back on. I'll carefully find my way to the frontlight settings and find that the External Power "Turn on when a button is pressed" option is unchecked, despite my better wishes. The most frustrating thing about ths bug is that I can't seem to find a pattern to it. I'll check the option, tap OK, and everything's back to normal, but it is quite annoying to have to go through that when you're looking for something.

Can anybody else confirm this? Any ideas on the cause/fix?

Thanks,

airjmr
07-16-2002, 01:47 AM
i have this too... quite annoying...

maybe we should contact toshiba?

jade408
08-09-2002, 07:24 AM
do you have the charger plugged into the cradle, if not it operates exactly like it does with battery power.

jwdkhan
08-09-2002, 04:48 PM
Same thing here with my e740. This frontlit thing is becoming annoying. And at times it'll just power off the e740 even though it's in the cradle, plugged in, and set to stay 'on' when using external power. Strange :evil: .

taxus
08-10-2002, 01:07 AM
This was driving me mad as well. I disabled the option to turn off the frontlight. That box never gets checked by itself. There is no real harm in letting the frontlight on anyway, I guess it just makes the recharge time longer.

hyonj
08-12-2002, 09:13 AM
I had this problem with my Ipaq, and it was a motherboard problem, at least that's what they ended up replacing.

quicksand21
08-27-2002, 05:34 AM
i'm having these problems as well. When using the cradle and when not.

jimyeip
09-30-2002, 03:44 PM
Just putting my 3 cents worth in. I keep losing my backlight while in cradle. Happens at random. Changing settings does not seem to cure problem. Anyone aware of Toshiba fix?

ECOslin
09-30-2002, 05:55 PM
My Maestro acts nuts like that sometimes.

I put it in the cradle and autosync starts.

I turn the power off(in the cradle) and it will come on again after a few minutes.(I'd rather it stayed off)

Sometimes with the backlighting off, if I turn it off and back on, backlighting is back on.

wizardmaster2k
10-02-2002, 02:29 PM
i too have an e310 that does this. are there any updates for the tosh ppc's yet? i hate having to keep checking that display box all the time :evil: